Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 pa late archery sheds? >

pa late archery sheds?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pa late archery sheds?

Old 01-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Spike

Default pa late archery sheds?

i was going to go out on saturday since its the last day anybody know if the bucks mostly dropped there racks?
Old 01-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: pa late archery sheds?

I know that here in east central Illinois there are a few bucks starting to drop antlers I saw a couple of half racks already while hunting
Old 01-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

I saw a real nice half rack today while working in Lancaster County. Not sure if it shed the antler or broke from fighting though.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

I'm in Chester county and I just got back from shed hunting.A week and a half ago I saw a half rack buck...if he had the other side he would have been a 140 10pt easily. The buck I had been hunting all late season showed up on my trail cam last night with both sides gone and silver dollar sized holes in his head (I'll post pics later tonight). Lastly I shot what I thought was a doe about 2-3 weeks ago and it turned out to be a 2.5 buck with no antlers. He did have an injury on his ankle though. What caused them to drop this early?
Old 01-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

We've seen a few half racks on our property as of christmas eve. If the woods weren't a solid sheet of ice right now, I'd be out there tramping around looking for em.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

seen one today in 5C still had his rack i will be out u never know
Old 01-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am in your area and have seen a few half racks already myself. I am guessing they are dropping earlier because for our area we had a cold December aside from a few weird warm days, its been downright chilly compared to past winters unless you go back 10-15 years ago. It seemed to get colder much quicker this year. Just a guess.

Shane

ORIGINAL: glew22

I'm in Chester county and I just got back from shed hunting.A week and a half ago I saw a half rack buck...if he had the other side he would have been a 140 10pt easily. The buck I had been hunting all late season showed up on my trail cam last night with both sides gone and silver dollar sized holes in his head (I'll post pics later tonight). Lastly I shot what I thought was a doe about 2-3 weeks ago and it turned out to be a 2.5 buck with no antlers. He did have an injury on his ankle though. What caused them to drop this early?