Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 long range bow shooting >

long range bow shooting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

long range bow shooting

Old 01-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: long range bow shooting

ORIGINAL: LRarcher

NO

there is no 100yd shots on animals around here.

I'm talking about getting to the point that a 20-30yd shot is nothing, this is achieved by long range shooting.

At 100yd there would not even be enough KE to penetrate the hide !! at least on my bow
Good to hear that you wouldn't consider a shot at long distance at an animal. As to the "not enough energy thing," keep thinking that, it's healthy, regardless of how wrong it may be it's healthy to thing that for the sake of the animals. Actually an arrow will retain about 80% of it's energy at 100yds, which in the case of MANY of us here would still be plenty of energy for a kill, IF THE SHOT HIT WHERE IT WERE SUPPOSED TO. That being said, I know that I will personally NEVER attempt anything that long, but I do know there are some western hunters that would, Pete Shepley comes to mind pretty quickly for one.

Now as to the rest of the stuff you posted, Tru-Glo $20 sight, I'd like to know what point you aim with to be able to shoot that far????? Do you put the bottom of the pin housing 4 or 5ft above the target????

I think you need to do a little research, learn a little more about arrow ballistics and trajectory, sight parallax, etc, before you post too much BS and get yourself laughed off of HNI. Welcome to HNI, but don't come trying to "Baffle people with Bull" when you are dealing with some very experienced archers, including a few here (not me) who have shot at some of the highest level tournaments in the country. Sit back, read and learn a bit, it will help rebuild your credibility a bit.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Now as to the rest of the stuff you posted, Tru-Glo $20 sight, I'd like to know what point you aim with to be able to shoot that far????? Do you put the bottom of the pin housing 4 or 5ft above the target????

I think you need to do a little research, learn a little more about arrow ballistics and trajectory, sight parallax, etc, before you post too much BS and get yourself laughed off of HNI. Welcome to HNI, but don't come trying to "Baffle people with Bull" when you are dealing with some very experienced archers, including a few here (not me) who have shot at some of the highest level tournaments in the country. Sit back, read and learn a bit, it will help rebuild your credibility a bit.
well you are trying to tell me that what I do 4 days a week is wrong and impossible. you are very incorrect.

my bow shoots 280fps ( now I increased the draw ). the bottom of my sight dome is 3inches from my arrow so my bottom pin is very close to the arrow. it is dead on at 100yd, so contemplate it all you want but I put the pin on the block target with a coke can and the arrow hits the can.

for you to make such nonfactual asinine statements proves your character. I do not spread "BS" but I get the feeling your on a power trip here. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and refrain from thinking of you as this way.

I will give you all the information you need, the bow is 9 feet away and a tape measure is even closer so ask away ( if you wish to be proved wrong )
Old 01-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

well you are trying to tell me that what I do 4 days a week is wrong and impossible. you are very incorrect.

my bow shoots 280fps ( now I increased the draw ). the bottom of my sight dome is 3inches from my arrow so my bottom pin is very close to the arrow. it is dead on at 100yd, so contemplate it all you want but I put the pin on the block target with a coke can and the arrow hits the can.

for you to make such nonfactual asinine statements proves your character. I do not spread "BS" but I get the feeling your on a power trip here. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and refrain from thinking of you as this way.

I will give you all the information you need, the bow is 9 feet away and a tape measure is even closer so ask away ( if you wish to be proved wrong )
I'm sorry to see you missed the MOST important part of why I typed. Now you just THREW IT OUT THE WINDOW....

Good Luck from here on out, YOU WILL NEED IT!!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

I'm sorry to see you missed the MOST important part of why I typed. Now you just THREW IT OUT THE WINDOW....

Good Luck from here on out, YOU WILL NEED IT!!!!
Dude, lay off of him. The guys passionate about what he's doing and just b/c you don't approve of what hesaid doesn't mean you gotta belittle him. Give me a break. Besides, shouldn't you be crying in your beer after the Buckeye's got beat?
Old 01-06-2009, 02:36 PM

Deleted for skirting the profanity filter.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:40 PM

uups sorry dug, is it dug or do you prefer dick ??

well dick,
I made a mistake my arrow length is not 29 it is 28.75

good luck calculating tell us what you find
Old 01-06-2009, 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Sooner State Hunter

Dude, lay off of him. The guys passionate about what he's doing and just b/c you don't approve of what he said doesn't mean you gotta belittle him. Give me a break. Besides, shouldn't you be crying in your beer after the Buckeye's got beat?
I appreciate the reinforcement, I posted all the info needed to calculate and discover the truth to my statements.

I think he is just pi$$ed that he is a nurse for one and he got knocked off his normal power trip at work.

he should be able to NURSE him self back, because he is a MALE NURSE

see you on the forum
Old 01-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now ladies. You should Arm wrestle!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:05 PM

uups sorry dug, is it dug or do you prefer dick ??

well dick,
I made a mistake my arrow length is not 29 it is 28.75

good luck calculating tell us what you find
Ill be the first to bite. Weren't you the one commenting on his character...and now you start in name calling? LOL

You are getting impressive speeds out of a bow that IBOs 309 FPS. 280 with 27.5" Draw length and an arrow 25 grains over IBO.

According to OT2, you have around 237" of drop, or 19.75 ft. Not saying it can't be done, Ive seen it done, but it isn't easy. If you have a light 5 mph breeze, you'll have just under 5" of wind drift. To hit a coke can from that distance, you should start shooting competitions.....

It's cool you are shooting from that far...just kind of hard to swallow that you are doing it very consistently.Only you would know though.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Muliefever

Now ladies. You should Arm wrestle!
on of my favorite things to do actually, I would not want to hurt his soft nursey hands though, or his skinny brittle forearms .

good suggestion[8D] though

Quick Reply: long range bow shooting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.