HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Predator Camo? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/281504-predator-camo.html)

Cougar Mag 01-06-2009 06:09 PM

RE: Predator Camo?

FWIW- I felt Predator's brushed twill clothing was far better in construction than similar priced gear you'd get from Walls/Mossy Oak, etc, however my Predator stuff was older, and the quality may have suffered in recent years(?).
I wore my Spring Green pants and shirt for many many season and was totally satisfied until it finally wore out. i abused it pretty good too. The last article of cotton clothingI received from Predator definitely lacked the samequality.

JeffB 01-06-2009 07:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

FWIW- I felt Predator's brushed twill clothing was far better in construction than similar priced gear you'd get from Walls/Mossy Oak, etc, however my Predator stuff was older, and the quality may have suffered in recent years(?).
I wore my Spring Green pants and shirt for many many season and was totally satisfied until it finally wore out. i abused it pretty good too. The last article of cotton clothingI received from Predator definitely lacked the samequality.
Heyya Coug!

Yeah, the stuff I had was excellent quality-tough and would NOT fade. Shame to hear they lowered their standards.

Proff 01-07-2009 03:24 PM

I have been using Predator for years and have always been very happy with the quality and the performance. Ilucked outabout9 or 10years ago ,as the pro shop that I bought all my stuff from ( which has sinced closed after the owner died and the guy who bought ithad to close the doors after a few years) decided to sell his whole clothing stock. He was gonna sell everything half price, and he had a bunch of Predator stuff. Luckily, I was one of his most loyal customers and he knew how much I loved Predator, so he called me and told me he would give me first crack at whatever I wanted. I pretty muchbought everything that fit me in Fall Grey and Fall Brown. I walked out of there about $450 lighter in the wallet, but with about $900 of Predator gear for anyweather condition that God could muster up for me:D Then a few years ago I happened across a guy on ebay selling a bunch of Predator stuff REAL cheap and I couldn't help buying more.He hadthe Bucksueade Jacket and pants so I decided to try it out, and it is great for rainy days. And I also bought some of the Evolution pattern just for fun. Basically, I have enough Predator to last me for my lifetime.
I do have a pair of pants, alight jacket and a button shirt that are faded some and a little tatterd, but they were my firstPredator outfit I ever had and Iwore them alot and washed them alot. Then Iwas able to buy severalmore outfitsand could rotate them ,and learned to wash them inside out,so everything I have is still in great shape. I have heard that the newer stuff doesn't seem to be as durable as fabric as the older stuff, but I can'tpersonally say that because all my stuff is the older stuff. I just might somedaybuy a Grey Wolf Woolens suit just to see if it is amazing as everyone says (my long lost siamese twin Greg Esays it so I beleive it), but I really don't need it.
I love my Predator and plan on using it until the day I die, and I made me wife promise me that I will be buried inone of my pairs of fall grey coveralls, alongwith my bow and a quiver of arrows, one of my Minnesota Vikings commerative balls in my arm and one of my Viking blankets laying across my lap. I gotta go out in style and for what everyone knows me for. No suit and tie for this Viking fanatic bowhunter!!

Greg / MO 01-07-2009 08:46 PM

Take a three-week sabbatical from the bowhunting boards, and even my buddies forget my name, huh Proff? Greg E? [8D]

I'm still officially on sabbatical, but I've got a five-hour drive in to the ATA show tonight so I thought I'd see what was up around here... :)

If our search engine was worth a dern you could just type in my name and Predator and read all you wanted to know... quick synopsis: Predator's own stuff is very good for the money, for what it is -- cotton. It will fade, but it's nice and thick. Biggest complaint I've had over the years is their sleeve length on their camp shirts; it's about an inch too short.

As several have mentioned, if you want truly good stuff go to www.graywolfwoolens.comI've literally got more Predator camo than one person should legally own probably, and the firstfew yearsor so it all came straight from Predator. After developing a relationship with some of the folks at the company, the inventor of the pattern turned me on to Gray Wolf, and I've never looked back. If you want an in-depth explanation as to why, click on the first link provided on page one.

BowHuntingFool 01-07-2009 09:39 PM

I have the bucksuede pants, and Fleece Bowhunters jacket and love them both. I got them on sale, the jacket for $78.00 shipped and the pants for $35.00 at Sportsmans Warehouse, I love the Brown Deception camo pattern! I also have the cotton Green Deception for spring Turkey/early bow and do not have a complaint about it either!

Greg / MO 01-07-2009 10:10 PM

And FWIW Jeff... you can still get your much-loved Fall Brown at Gray Wolf as well. :)

hardcorehunter 01-07-2009 10:15 PM

I like it so much that I would love to have my Blazer with a Predator full wrap installed on it.

Greg / MO 01-07-2009 10:41 PM

You mean like this, Don? ;)

OK, I'm outta here... talk to you guys after the ATA!

hardcorehunter 01-08-2009 06:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

You mean like this, Don? ;)

OK, I'm outta here... talk to you guys after the ATA!
Yea...I like

JeffB 01-08-2009 07:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

And FWIW Jeff... you can still get your much-loved Fall Brown at Gray Wolf as well. :)
Greg! how the hell are ya Bro?!

Thanks for the info- I noticed that as well- I like the original FB as the main background tan is a wee bit darker than Deception and Evolution's background color (which is more like Fall Grey). Just a mental hangup, I reckon.

Have fun at the ATA (though I'm sure you have already left and won't read this, so this post is entirely pointless... )