Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you do?

Old 01-05-2009, 10:20 PM

Default What do you do?

What is your everyday job?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do you do?

Self Employed Milk Hauler. I pick up milk at the local dairy farms and bring It to a milk plant where they make cheese and butter. I haul about 5,000,000 pounds of milk a month. That comes out to about 160,000 pounds a day I haul In. The tank on the truck holds about 51,500 lbs of milk and It gets filled 3 to 4 times a day. My truck Is on the road 7 days a week 365 days a year. Each day Is anywhere from 12 to 15 hour days.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting Schultzy...

Im a full time Engineering student at the University of Southern Indiana.
I work part time at Home Depot.

Derek
Old 01-06-2009, 12:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Full time student, part time taxidermist. WCL
Old 01-06-2009, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

I work as needed for clients I don't know and probably won't ever meet. Everything we do is in code and there is littlewe can discuss with anyone lest the law come after us. Many of my coworkers I haven't met,I rarely cross paths with the ones that I have.

The job has it's interesting moments, but like most jobs it can be tedious. I do enjoy the ability to travel and do my job. As long as I can access the internet I canget the encryptedfiles I need.

The pain and suffering that people experienceis an unavoidable part of my job. Our mottois'better you than me' and 'you'll either get better or you'll die'.Cold, but you need it sometimes. []

....and that's as interesting as Ican make my job sound. [:-][:-][:-]
Old 01-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

I work as needed for clients I don't know and probably won't ever meet. Everything we do is in code and there is littlewe can discuss with anyone lest the law come after us. Many of my coworkers I haven't met,I rarely cross paths with the ones that I have.

The job has it's interesting moments, but like most jobs it can be tedious. I do enjoy the ability to travel and do my job. As long as I can access the internet I canget the encryptedfiles I need.

The pain and suffering that people experienceis an unavoidable part of my job. Our mottois'better you than me' and 'you'll either get better or you'll die'.Cold, but you need it sometimes. []

....and that's as interesting as Ican make my job sound. [:-][:-][:-]
What????

Ill make sure and never sass you, or else ill get axed[&:]
Old 01-06-2009, 01:48 AM

U.S. NAVY retired as of Dec 27, 2008 22 1/2 years in the making. I was hoping to be home for Christmas but you know how the gov't is
Got there for new year's though.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:07 AM
Spike

I have the perfect job for Hunting. From 1st part of April till middle of October I run heavy equipment on major highway construction projects.Mostly runnning an Asphalt Paver,Long hours and very hot. Our Archery season opens mid October and I am usually laid-off just in time. nothing like collecting unemployment and being free to hunt every day. I have been doing this for 28 years.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:45 AM
Spike

I'm a butcher at a local custom meat plant. We butcher about 12 beef and hogs a week mostly for local farmers. All of the beef is dry aged for at least 2-3 weeks before we touch them. We also make our own bacon, hams, and various sausages. I spend my days in front of a band saw keeping the meat wrapper, and the meat boners busy.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

Electrical Engineer at United Refining Co. Mostly work with power and instrumentation on devices that operate the plant.

Would like to work for a power company someday but we shall see...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.