Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fanny packs w/Shoulderstraps?? >

Fanny packs w/Shoulderstraps??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fanny packs w/Shoulderstraps??

Old 01-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fanny packs w/Shoulderstraps??

They are nice...you can strap your LW climbing sticks to the pack too...
Old 01-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

How do you do that Mike, vertical or horizontal. I don't think horizontal would be the best thing through the woodsbut wouldn'tvertical be somewhat insecure with some movement?
Old 01-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never liked fanny packs because they really worked against my hips. The straps/pack sound like a great idea, especially when used with a backpacking stand.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:40 PM

I bought mine pack atbass pro shop and love it, it's a redhead product. Witha store in town it make sense to buy redhead in case there is malfunction problems.I carry way more stuff to the field than I should. So a pack with support is handy. Extra gloves, sock hat, rattlen bag, knife, thermos of coffee, rangefinder, extra bow hooks and so on by themselves isn't much but together they can really add up. A pack thatbalances the weightbetweenmy hipsand shoulders is a must.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is a really good Monster Pack review from our friends over on www.bowhunting.com, and I know they stock the pack there too........

http://www.bowhunting.com/blog/post/2008/09/30/Badlands-e2809cMonstere2809d-fanny-pack.aspx

I've used mine for a full season now, and I love it. I actually put my climber on right over the top of the pack and it works great. It's one of the best gear investments I've made in recent years.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta Love the Monster Fanny.

It is everything I need.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those fannys are nice for sure, ive been using one for 3 years now. They are a little bulky though, im thinking about trying out a vest next year...
Old 01-05-2009, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

How do you do that Mike, vertical or horizontal. I don't think horizontal would be the best thing through the woodsbut wouldn'tvertical be somewhat insecure with some movement?
Ive done it horizontally. Not the best if your walking through a thicket, but it works good if your hunting open areas and field edges...
Old 01-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using a fieldline one for a few years. It holds all my gear and then some. I take the shoulder straps off and use the lashing straps to attach it to my climber and carry it on my back with my stand. If I'm not using my climber, I use the shoulder straps. When I climb a tree, I lash the pack to the armrest of my climber and it stays there from the time I leave the ground until I climb down. I have a water bottle holder that clips on to the pack, (I forget what they call the attachment system) and it turns out that that holder is the perfect size for the rattling bag I just started using. It keeps the bag within easy reach and its an easy place to put the bag after a rattling sequence.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Banned

I am pretty well set for the fannys now. I found another steal on AT for a Rancho Safari Catquiver VI, and it arrived today. Regular price $120 and I got it sales tax free and shipped to my door for $80. It is like new condition. Pretty sweet fanny pack and the quiver is cool as heck...perfect for turkey hunting as it keeps your wraps and fletches concealed from turkeys eyes. I also see this pack being used everyday on my next elk hunt.