Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Muddy Outdoor Hang On-Review >

Muddy Outdoor Hang On-Review

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muddy Outdoor Hang On-Review

Old 01-03-2009, 07:16 PM

Default Muddy Outdoor Hang On-Review

I got one of the new Muddy Hang On stands for Christmas and finally got a chance to get out and use it today.

My first impression out of the box is thatit is built very, very solid. There is nothing flimsy on this stand. Also, just from moving the seat and platform up and down, it is completely silent. There is a small piece of rubber that the base of the seat rests on, so there is no noise if you like to stand up and sit down while hunting.I like the wide open design of the platform and it is once again, solid as a rock.

At 10.5 lbs is it a decent weight to pack in to the woods for a hang-and-hunt. I like the fact that it has a ratchet strap AND a cam style strap to hang it to the tree. For some reasonI just like to know that there is more than one thing holding me to the tree.

The seat is a very thick foam. I thought I wouldn't like this at first, but after sitting on it, it is very comfortable (in treestand standards). I sat for 4 hours today and never seemed to get uncomfortable. If I had one complaint it would be the 4 small velcro straps that hold down the seat cushion. If you slide or scoot, it can make some noise. But that is not a huge deal.

I didn't get a chance to try out the leveing feature since I picked a strait tree. But just from playing with it at the house, it seems very simple to use, if it is ever needed. (I'm sure it will be)

Overall it is a quality,solid stand that is priced very reasonably. If you are in the market for a quality hang on, I would definatly check out the Muddys.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:42 PM

Default RE: Muddy Outdoor Hang On-Review

One more pic of the set up
Old 01-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

Nice review. As much as I like the Lone Wolf's, the Muddy stands look very good and may rival them as a premier hangon.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Never heard of them but I can see I wouldn't like the standing room of it.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:46 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Nice review. As much as I like the Lone Wolf's, the Muddy stands look very good and may rival them as a premier hangon.
exactly my sentiments. You and everyone else that has bought one seems happy with them. The self leveling feature is a must imo in a treestand and I wouldn't own a hang on that doesn't have the feature. The platform looks a little small for my size 13's and that is why I prefer the Alpha over the Assault in the LW stand. Muddy is supposed to have some sticks coming out that will give LW some competion.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:25 AM

If I buy a same day setup...Ill get this stand long before a LW....just because the seat is MUCH thicker...it is built just as solid and is cheaper.

I can't wait to see the Muddy Sticks.

The way I understood it, is the Muddy products are basically Loggy Bayou renovated....rumors hit the web that the cofounder of LB left and sold all the plans and stuff to Muddy to start out. All hear say, but the harnesses, the stands, everything is SO similar...it does seem that way. None theless, look like KILLER products.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

If I buy a same day setup...Ill get this stand long before a LW....just because the seat is MUCH thicker...it is built just as solid and is cheaper.

I can't wait to see the Muddy Sticks.

The way I understood it, is the Muddy products are basically Loggy Bayou renovated....rumors hit the web that the cofounder of LB left and sold all the plans and stuff to Muddy to start out. All hear say, but the harnesses, the stands, everything is SO similar...it does seem that way. None theless, look like KILLER products.
if padding isnt sufficient for your rear...gorilla sells padded replacement seats. Don't know if I would go as far as to say these are built as solid as the LW...LW is rated for 350lbs and these are only 300#. I am sure they are gr8 stands though...and cheaper for sure.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:46 AM

Yea Embry, they are almost identical to the Loggy Bayou Predators.

I would venture to say that it is probably the best stand for the price right now. Quality product.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

It was a great review, but I seriously doubt this last statement!
Old 01-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

What are the dimensions of that platform? It looks like a great stand, but the platform looks a little small to me. I like a lot of room in a hang on.

Quick Reply: Muddy Outdoor Hang On-Review

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.