Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NAP broadheads

Old 01-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default NAP broadheads

have any of you seen the new nap broadheads, its really weird that nap came out with these, as the bright green, blueand red isnt a color i would have expected from nap, what are your thoughts... http://www.bowhunting.com/blog/post/2008/11/18/NAP-Releases-New-Broadheads-Braxe-BloodRunner-and-Spitfire-Maxx.aspx
Old 01-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NAP broadheads

i dont like the colors on them, but what deer could care what color would be flying at them? i mean they are broadheads, if they are sharp and goes through the pump house they will kill them.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NAP broadheads

I always had good luck with NAP Spitfire XP's. I'd think the Spitfire Maxx should be a good head if you have the horses to push it through.

Dan
Old 01-17-2010, 06:06 AM
Spike

Tried the NAP Braxe broadhead on my recent Arizona Coues Whitetail and Javalina hunt last week. Collected both my deer and javalina with total pass-through broadside lung shots at 25 yards each. However, worst blood trails I've ever experienced with such great arrow placement. Luckily, the javalina only traveled 50 yards and the buck dropped at 80 yards or recovery would have been discouraging due to the few drops of blood left on the ground during both death runs. Not very impressive.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think they look pretty lethal, I love NAP's broadheads, I can't wait to pick out a set for next season!!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had great success with the blood runner this year and they will be in my quiver this coming year.. Just have to decide if I want to stay with the 3 blade or the new two blade because the two blade looks pretty wicked.. Walt
Old 01-18-2010, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

i shoot the bloodrunners and love them , they really open up a wound channel and do massive tissue damage
Old 01-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Banned

I shot a doe with a bloodrunner this year, complete pass thru, deer fell over/died right where I shot her, 10 ft from my stand, and the blades and head looked basically like new. This is my only experience with the head.
Spitfires have given me the same results too. Great heads.
I got turned onto Spitfires watching Ralph from Archers Choice use them when they first came out. EVERY animal he shot with them on his episodes, fell over within sight of his stand and the camera man. This has been the same exact results I have had with them. For a fixed head, I like the slick tricks. For mechanicals, these N.A.P. Bloodrunners and N.A.P Spitfires go in my quiver. N.A.P. Gobbler Getter Spitfires perform excellent on turkeys. Shooting 70# speed bows, the arrow doesn't leave the bird, and the shock and trauma ANCHOR a tom where he stands.