HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Hoyt, Bowtech pro guys please help (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/280984-hoyt-bowtech-pro-guys-please-help.html)

Brian K 01-02-2009 12:55 PM

Hoyt, Bowtech pro guys please help

I don't know where to go with this question, so I'm going to see if anyone on this board can point me in the right direction. I've got what I think is a logical improvement for a certain bow accessory. I don't want to give too much away, but let's just say it's an improvement on an existing bow accessory. I've done some research, conducted some tests, etc. My idea seems to work. But now I don't know what to do. Do I contact a company and pitch the concept to them? If so, how? Through email or the phone? I don't know what the next step might be. Anyone that can help me, I'd really appreciate it.

GFY_Camp 01-02-2009 01:16 PM

RE: Hoyt, Bowtech pro guys please help

1st step is to communicate it to me so I can communicate it to them. ;)

J/K. Hope it works out for you.

drockw 01-02-2009 02:42 PM

Iunderstand exxactly what you are feeling like. Ive thought about this many times before, and am with you 100% on not knowing what the next step is.

My first suggestion would have to be MAKE SURE IT IS SAFE, AND WILL LAST. Look what happened to the BowTurbow. People instantly hit all of the flaws, and called them out on teh safety hazzards. They had to go back and do some more rnd. Test whatever it is to the max. Put it though every possible condition it could ever face. Find the stress limits, breaking points etc...

Then go talk to an attorney I guess[&:]

p.s. you have to keep us informed on here please!!! Im curious

Derek

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-02-2009 02:47 PM

If you really think you have something, first and foremost I'd talk to an attorney and acquire a patten etc.... Makes sure legally you have all the rights to it and then contact some manufacturers.

I wouldn't even show it on the web until you have all legal rights to it etc...

drockw 01-02-2009 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

If you really think you have something, first and foremost I'd talk to an attorney and acquire a patten etc.... Makes sure legally you have all the rights to it and then contact some manufacturers.

I wouldn't even show it on the web until you have all legal rights to it etc...
I completely agree. There would be 15 different versions before you even knew it. Dont even show people in email/pm form.

Is it for the pivoting design[:-]
Derek

Brian K 01-02-2009 03:35 PM

Thanks guys, I've gotten some good advice via pm from some guys on this board. The problem is that I can't afford a patent (or an attorney for that matter). I think I have a good idea, but I'll need some kind of backing to make it happen. It's hard to just sit on it, but I guess I'll have to do more research and see what the next logical step is... If anyone has anything else to offer, I'd really appreciate hearing from you.

buckmaster 01-02-2009 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Brian K

Thanks guys, I've gotten some good advice via pm from some guys on this board. The problem is that I can't afford a patent (or an attorney for that matter). I think I have a good idea, but I'll need some kind of backing to make it happen. It's hard to just sit on it, but I guess I'll have to do more research and see what the next logical step is... If anyone has anything else to offer, I'd really appreciate hearing from you.
I understand where your coming from...

I invented the double sided mailbox, to prevent people from have to walk out into the road to get their mail everyday. Bam, just like that I started seeing them everywhere. I just think someone had the idea before I ever knew anything about it.lol

You gotta have money to make money.

Rickmur 01-02-2009 05:27 PM

Get a sponser or partner with moneyto back you. Then get the patent. Then buy him out once it gets going. Have an attorney draw everything up.

demoIL 01-02-2009 07:14 PM

Patent!!!

I know someone that took a good idea to a large company (non archery related) and this company now sells a very large volume of this product.. Person who gave them the idea got nothing.. [:'(]

Oneshot7 01-02-2009 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: demoIL

Patent!!!

I know someone that took a good idea to a large company (non archery related) and this company now sells a very large volume of this product.. Person who gave them the idea got nothing.. [:'(]
I think I know what and whoyou are talking about, if not I know a guy in the same situation that you described.