Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year? >

Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?

Old 01-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Banned

Default RE: Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?

Thanks!!
Old 01-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Banned

Thanks!!! I will have to get my slider tapes worked out this spring setup before turkey season so I can just use my slider like it is designed. I have never used or owned a single pin in my life.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will just stick to my slow setups and set my pins at 5 yard increments.

I can get pretty darn close setup like that and no last second adjustments.My first pin is 22-23 yards and then it goes to 30,35,40,45.

If there is a doubt on any animal that comes in from a direction or into a spot you don't expect,throw the 23 and 30 on the kill zone and 90% of the time it is a dead animal.(kinda like a 26- 27 yard pin) But I have plenty of pins for fine shooting without having to move a slider for that 40 yarder that doesn't allow you the time to slide the slider.

Just another way of doing it that I have found to be quite effective.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX
I have plenty of pins for fine shooting without having to move a slider for that 40 yarder that doesn't allow you the time to slide the slider.
If you are going to take a 40 yard shot hunting and you don't have 2 seconds to roll a slider then you in all probability should Not take that shot

Dan
Old 01-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe I don't like the extra movement and would rather have my hands in position to draw rather than messing with adjusting a slider.[8D]

Plus I can still take my hunter setup and actually shoot hunter class or mbr.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't worry about classes. I just want to be as accurate as possible when I decide to kill something[8D]

I've hunted 3 states for 3 years using rear sliders and I've yet to not have time to move it if I need to.

In my experience the longer the shot is the more time you are going to have. If not then you probably should not attempt them.

It's the close shots that have to happen quick most times.

In 40 plus years chasing critters with a Bow, I've shot instinctive, used afixed single pin sight, fixed multi-pin sights, and rear sliders.

For me the rear sliders have been the ticket, and I really prefer the more open field of view around the single pin.

They all worked. It's just what an individual learns to shoot or prefers.

Dan
Old 01-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I don't worry about classes. I just want to be as accurate as possible when I decide to kill something[8D]

I've hunted 3 states for 3 years using rear sliders and I've yet to not have time to move it if I need to.

In my experience the longer the shot is the more time you are going to have. If not then you probably should not attempt them.

It's the close shots that have to happen quick most times.

In 40 plus years chasing critters with a Bow, I've shot instinctive, used afixed single pin sight, fixed multi-pin sights, and rear sliders.

For me the rear sliders have been the ticket, and I really prefer the more open field of view around the single pin.

They all worked. It's just what an individual learns to shoot or prefers.

Dan
You obviously have never used the TR Titan V-drive, I love rear sliders.... I loved the concept of the sight, but dang, that site was nothing but a pain in the butt. Turned me back to multi-pins.