Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year? >

Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?

Old 01-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?

I think I'll print this off and post it at the local Archery Shop.

Outta be good for some laughs[8D]

Dan
Old 01-04-2009, 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Just read it through, it got me! I am still laughing, lol.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Banned

Dan
Don't forget the pics of this years hunting season of the 2 Pope and Young bucks I took, the 9 point buck, the mature doe, and the elk from this year to show the guys that he obviously knows how much his arrows drop from where he is aiming at different yds.[8D]

I will email them to you and you can copy and paste if you want. I am not shy

Dan
Or cause some crying when they see the pics.Who knows...Mobos arrows drop a few inches and MeanV's 14 ".hmmmmmmmmmm
Old 01-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Site Buck Guru

Well, now that I've seen the pics I have to believe what you are saying is gospel!!

Don, are you on some new meds or something?
Old 01-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: GregH

Well, now that I've seen the pics I have to believe what you are saying is gospel!!

Yep, on meds like the rest of these guys that have the same results as me. Hmmm. I guess you guys are right and we are wrong.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=814552

Old 01-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Yep, on meds like the rest of these guys that have the same results as me. Hmmm. I guess you guys are right and we are wrong.

I believe that they're guessing, one of them even says so.

I have personally tried this (shooting 40 yards with my 20 yard pin) with a bow that shot 321 fps and my arrow dropped more than 10". That puts it out of the kill zone unless you hold high. You're better off having a second pin.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I believe that they're guessing, one of them even says so.

I have personally tried this (shooting 40 yards with my 20 yard pin) with a bow that shot 321 fps and my arrow dropped more than 10". That puts it out of the kill zone unless you hold high. You're better off having a second pin.
And I have too. different results from different shooters. One guy in that thread is an editor for nationwide bowhunting magazine and he says 4" drop at 40 yds. He is paid to shoot a bow and make reports. I don't argue that you should hold a little high at 40 yds...but 14" like MeanV says out of speedbow??!! One pin will work in my world with this new 82nd as I will ethically never shoot anything past 40 yds probably any way, and 90% of the time I am in a tree where trajectory is much less of a factor. I stand by my eyesight. I put my pin on the top of the kill and it drops 4 1/ -5" right in the zone.I can't see out of one and am blind in the other though[8D]
Old 01-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here are some facts and figures from an Arrow Trajectory chart. These are based on sighting in at 20 yards and using that pin at all ranges

1st one is at: 300fps

10 yards +1.32"
20 yards0
30 yards -5.5"
40 yards -15.36"

2nd one is at: 325fps

10 yards +1"
20 yards 0
30 yards -4.56"
40 yards -12.82"

3rd one is at: 350fps

10 yards +0.75"
20 yards 0
30 yards -3.81"
40 yards -10.81"

It seems my Airborne 82nd ispretty much is in line with this chart, since I'm shooting 305fps

If I post pictures of my Animals will it change the trajectory of my Bow?[8D]

Dan
Old 01-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't read all the posts here but I know that I played around with this alot this summer. My 101st airborne is shooting my hunting arrows set up at 301 FPS and I have 2 inchs of drop at 30 yards useing my 20 yard pin and 6 inchs at 40 yards useing my 20 yard pin. Now would I use my 20 yard pin out to 40 yards on a real live animal no way 6 inchs is alot more than 6 when the deer can move.. Walt
Old 01-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

I didn't read all the posts here but I know that I played around with this alot this summer. My 101st airborne is shooting my hunting arrows set up at 301 FPS and I have 2 inchs of drop at 30 yards useing my 20 yard pin and 6 inchs at 40 yards useing my 20 yard pin. Now would I use my 20 yard pin out to 40 yards on a real live animal no way 6 inchs is alot more than 6 when the deer can move.. Walt
Sounds right. Something else to consider is what I mentioned earlier...when up 30' in a tree, trajectory is of MUCH less a factor and if the animal is right below and only out from you at 15 yds..shoot a little lower than you normally would, otherwise you will shoot high when up as high as I hunt.

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-152851.html

Quick Reply: Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.