Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year? >

Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Banned

Default RE: Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?

Oh BTW PreacherTony...you can have your hijacked thread back... I have a big day tomorrow and have to get some shut eye. Busy week and only 2 more hunting days to get that last doe tag filled with the new 82nd. Nite all
Old 01-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would use your own tapes on those.Those tapes are not going to figure in all parameters of YOUR setup.On second thought,get some really good marks at say 20 and 50 and use one of those tapes that lines up with your marks to see what happens at odd yardages.

I use Archers Advantage for my sight tapes on target rigs and have even used them in the past to set pin gap for hunting sights.

I would bet you are using the pin but more instinctively than as a pin point aiming system and there is nothing wrong with that.It gets the job done for many archers and many don't really understand the physics behind what is happening.Hell,I have been studying this stuff for years and still get into areas that confuse me from time to time.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I would use your own tapes on those.Those tapes are not going to figure in all parameters of YOUR setup.On second thought,get some really good marks at say 20 and 50 and use one of those tapes that lines up with your marks to see what happens at odd yardages.

I use Archers Advantage for my sight tapes on target rigs and have even used them in the past to set pin gap for hunting sights.

I would bet you are using the pin but more instinctively than as a pin point aiming system and there is nothing wrong with that.It gets the job done for many archers and many don't really understand the physics behind what is happening.Hell,I have been studying this stuff for years and still get into areas that confuse me from time to time.
Thanks for your explanations...u r a bright guy.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter
Speaking of that, do u guys recommend using these ydge tapes that came with my HHA sight?
The yardage tapes with the HHA are computer generated, and work great. I've used them on several different speed setups.

But I can tell you if your bow shootsthe trajectoryyou had claimed (which is impossible) there won't be a tape for you[8D]

Dan
Old 01-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not that bright,just have studied this for a while,that's all.

Sorry preach,I didn't mean to participate in the hijack,just kinda happened.

Back to the regularly scheduled thread.[8D]
Old 01-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Speaking of that, do u guys recommend using these ydge tapes that came with my HHA sight?
The yardage tapes with the HHA are computer generated, and work great. I've used them on several different speed setups.

But I can tell you if your bow shootsthe trajectoryyou had claimed (which is impossible) there won't be a tape for you[8D]

Dan
They should make them for all of the yin yangs that shoot like me on AT. [8D] I still say it is the string suppressor
Old 01-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Banned

He doesn't care actually...he is like GMMAT..doesn't care what is posted as long as his thread goes 10 pages.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im not changing a thing. Im shooting a total of 352 grains and have had great results with it (pass throughs) except on bull frogs they stick in the mud before going all the way through
Old 01-05-2009, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

They should make them for all of the yin yangs that shoot like me on AT. [8D] I still say it is the string suppressor
Don,
I think you really need to look at a trajectory table to see what most of the guys are trying to tell you here. In all honesty, if you really wanted to get the best use out of ONE PIN, you'd be better off to set it up for 28yds or so, and know how it shot at various distances, including out to 40 if that was your fancy. But as was said earlier, even with the FASTEST set-up on the market, you are still going to have considerable drop between 28 and 40yds. If you find you're not having that, then it's very likely a FORM issue that's resulting in arrows flying differently than physiologically possible. Some of those guys on AT are FOS, and I posted the same on the sight, along with a link to a ballistics calculator that they could try if they wanted to see what a physiologically their arrows "SHOULD" be flying like. http://home.att.net/%7Esajackson/ballistics.html This link is assuming the arrow is shot from FLAT ground, at 0* trajectory, so it only takes into affect pure drop, not adding in sight paralax, and ARC, but you can half the number, and they are pretty accurate with what you could expect, considering in archery, we compensate for the first half of that drop when we aim for our target, the other half is in the arrow "dropping" down into our target after it "peaks." I know you got pretty frustrated with this, but in all honesty, unless you have some oddity in form, your bow should NOT be shooting the way you're saying it does.

Get to the Uphill/Downhill thing, and we've got a whole different story all together. If you look closely at the article TFox posted, it tells you that the arrow speeds change when shooting UP and DOWN hill inversely, which is consistent with the results I get when shooting UP and DOWN hill. If I have a 32yd shot up a 10* angle, I'm holding for 34, the inverse of this same shot, I'm shooting for 30, because at soft angles, the trajectory change is not identical in my experience. Some will say this is a form issue as well, but I believe it's more likely a result of the arrow loosing speed on that attempt to gain altitude, while it's working WITH gravity loosing altitude.

I have dead animals to speak for my results as well. A doe that reminded me not to shoot at ALERT animals, because they MOVE, and sometimes A LOT!!!! A BB that got spine punched and his lungs deflated from 38yds (line of sight) while I was about nearly 45ft above him. (see Mercy Killing thread http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3198418&mpage=1 ) Shot was just a touch higher than I'd have liked, but I aimed a couple inches lower than the POI, the deer was quarter-to, laying in a bed, and the shot went through the spine on a diagonal, through 2 vertebrae, and punched lungs. Punching numbers, I held for about 36, but the horizontal distance was closer to 34, makes sense that I hit a couple inches high. At the time, I was fenaggling the position to get the shot anyhow, if you look at the thread, you can see a small shot window I shot the deer through.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

He doesn't care actually...he is like GMMAT..doesn't care what is posted as long as his thread goes 10 pages.
It doesn't matter to me because the stuff being posted is INTERESTING and, believe it or not, useful ..... it has nothing to do with thread length ...don't be a hater, Don [:-]

Quick Reply: Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.