Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year? >

Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?

No...I could shoot at an elk that was 300 yds away DIRECTLY below me and the arrow is going to go straight towards it. Drop a water balloon off of a roof and aim at a buddies head directly below you and see if you have to know the edistance or trajectory. There is none. Now who's making it hard

This IS sight paralax.STRAIGHT down and truly straight down is just like right at the arrow when it leaves the bow.

A shot at the bow will need to be shot as if it were 70-80 yards.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

The reason for this is an arrow is below the line of site and the bow is actually pointed up when shot.To get an arrow to hit the mark at VERY close distances is because you need to raise the point of the arrow to match your line of site.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Banned

So, I am up my tree here 30 ft, which is 10 yds. A deer is away from the base of my tree 40 yds. Are you guys saying that if I put my 20-25 yd pin high on it's vitals with my new 82nd and I will altogether miss the deers vitals since the chart MeanV put out says it will drop 14"?Meanwhile, I stand in my yd and put my pin out to 40 yds and hold high on the vitals and I am still hitting the vitals with my setup now.??
Old 01-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

double post
Old 01-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes

If you put your pin just over his back,you will probably have a chance.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Banned

lHow in the world am I hitting the vitals on the ground then....thin air...fast bow..low humidity?
Old 01-04-2009, 09:18 PM

Just aiming higher than you realize.

If you are 30' up and he is 40 yards out, you should aim like it is 38ish yards out..whatever your aiming system is.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Banned

I need to get indoors and fine tune this new bow. It is so cold out I am probably shivering a high hold
Old 01-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

lHow in the world am I hitting the vitals on the ground then....thin air...fast bow..low humidity?

Combination of the pin is set further than you realize and you are aiming higher than you think,plus you are not figuring in your group.Hell,good shots only have a 4" group at 40.You overlap the group with the other factors and you get where you are at.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Combination of the pin is set further than you realize and you are aiming higher than you think,plus you are not figuring in your group.Hell,good shots only have a 4" group at 40.You overlap the group with the other factors and you get where you are at.
I am sure you nailed it. I am a hunter and all this fancy dancy arrow talk league shooting mumbo jumbo kinetic energy arrow weight speed stuff trajectory stuff is all foreign to me. Luckily I know how to hunt....I am one of those guys that loves to shoot 3D but never breaks the pencil out to write my score down. I shoot good..usually beating my kid and buddies....but I don't get into the fine tuning like I should. Speaking of that, do u guys recommend using these ydge tapes that came with my HHA sight?

Quick Reply: Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.