Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 You guys that want to hunt the Lone Wolf way >

You guys that want to hunt the Lone Wolf way

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

You guys that want to hunt the Lone Wolf way

Old 01-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Banned

Default RE: You guys that want to hunt the Lone Wolf way

ORIGINAL: TFOX

The stand hangs in just a couple minutes.

I am 140# soaking wet and have no trouble carrying my sticks and alpha in and setting them up.

It always took me more time with a climber,especially when you factor in finding the right tree.
Not to mention having to usually saw some limbs off and make noise and sweat running a saw.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had just watched the video and it sure looks like an easy way to do things to me.. I will have to look into those climbing sticks..
Old 01-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Banned

A thing to remember...a hang-on and sticks will ALWAYS work on any tree a climber will....but a climber will not ALWAYS work on a tree that a hang-on and sticks will. As my buddy MOTOWNHONKEY says,"That is Gospel."
Old 01-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone got a link to the linemans belt??
Old 01-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Banned

My Summit Seatopants safety harnass has one built in it and I also have a treehopper brand linesmans belt which is sweet if all you want to do is add a linesmans belt to your setup.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ya know, I didn't even have to watch the video, I already know it works!!!! My LW Alpha and sticks will go in ANY tree that I want it to, period!!
Old 01-02-2009, 12:12 AM

Don, that truck bed spray is pretty heavy. Might want to double check how much weight it will add, since the whole point of LW sticks is the lightweight factor, otherwise they wouldnt cost 2x the competition.

I can't seem to make my mind up, if I had unlimited hunting options or huge chunks of land to hunt, I would do the same, but the fact is...my land is limited, and I can easily cover it with prehung sets like Motown said. I want to try prehung sticks/steps with only a Millenium stand to pack this coming year and see how that goes. I can pack in a stickladder and have it up before you could even dream of having individual sections like LW, the problem is they weigh more than an ATV, lol. This year it will be prehung sticks/receiver, and pack in stand. Hang stand and hunt in <1 minute.

I will say this, if options open up on how many possible places I could hunt...I will DEFINITELY be using a LW type lightweight setup far before a climber. I LOATHE climbers, for numerous reasons.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Don, that truck bed spray is pretty heavy. Might want to double check how much weight it will add, since the whole point of LW sticks is the lightweight factor, otherwise they wouldnt cost 2x the competition.

I can't seem to make my mind up, if I had unlimited hunting options or huge chunks of land to hunt, I would do the same, but the fact is...my land is limited, and I can easily cover it with prehung sets like Motown said. I want to try prehung sticks/steps with only a Millenium stand to pack this coming year and see how that goes. I can pack in a stickladder and have it up before you could even dream of having individual sections like LW, the problem is they weigh more than an ATV, lol. This year it will be prehung sticks/receiver, and pack in stand. Hang stand and hunt in <1 minute.

I will say this, if options open up on how many possible places I could hunt...I will DEFINITELY be using a LW type lightweight setup far before a climber. I LOATHE climbers, for numerous reasons.
Good luck with that! I can hang a set of 4 LW sticks and a Alpha stand in about 10 minutes....... in the dark... and I'll let you pick the tree!
Old 01-02-2009, 02:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I will certainly go that rought one day sweet vid!! I ran in to the problem this year of not finding a tree in a new spot thatI could use my climber on. 80% of the trees were large pine trees. 19% had to many limbs, andI was hugging a bedding area (no cutting)or were in the wrong place and the 1% tree thatI used was to skinny,I stuck out like a sore thumb and it put me to close to the shooter buck that busted me drawing [:@]SOI used screw in steps next time (I hate them with a pasion) and hung a stand in a large pine in the right place. It took me twice as long as it would have with those sticks. I hung it on the wrong side of the tree and it cost me on five bucks that came in together behind me at last light,Three were big[]Oh the shame definatly an option for me
Old 01-02-2009, 06:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Well seeing as it's my birthday and the off season...and since the furthest thing from my mind is setting up a deer stand.... I found a lot of satisfaction in the video listed beside this one on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5_OJqUnKNA&NR=1

Quick Reply: You guys that want to hunt the Lone Wolf way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.