Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My opinion on Mathews NEW SPPED BOWS! >

My opinion on Mathews NEW SPPED BOWS!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My opinion on Mathews NEW SPPED BOWS!

Old 01-02-2009, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My opinion on Mathews NEW SPPED BOWS!

7 seconds of vibration ? Maybe that's why they named it the Reezen 7 ?? Shoot the 6.5, it may have that half second less vibration you're looking for.

I don't know how some of you guys would of made it in archery 15 years ago with the hatchet cammed steel cable bows that were on the market. Seems some of you would of probably needed hand and wrist surgery.....
Old 01-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

7 second hand shock...how long have you had the drug problem. There's not a bow out there with that much shock. You weren't listening to rap music while you were shooting it were you....maybe it was all of that bass
Old 01-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

The two Reezen 6.5's I shot were great fully setup with an S-Coil and a String Tamer. Super fast and super smooth.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: strutnbuck

they deffinatly should have done A LOT more R&D before releasing these bows
Haven't shot 'em yet, but I'm definitely planning to. I agree thevibration isa trade off for the speed you're getting, but it's safeto assume that some of this wouldbe dampened with the properstabilizer.

I'm wondering--since your review is very critical--if you used a stabilizer when you conducted this test? You left quite a few details out of your analysis, such aswhat bow was it, what was the draw weight, weight of shafts used, etc.

And 7 seconds of vibration? I don't even think the "Mathews haters" are buying that one!

Old 01-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

On another note I do have the New Maximum rods in Mathews Lost Camo. Already sold several units for the New Reezen.

That will take the vibration down to nil[8D]

Dan
Old 01-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot the 6.5 and was impressed with it. I've never been accused of being a Mathews fan either.

Yes, it has some vibration but really, who cares? Is that going to make the deer any less dead just because there's some mean old vibration on the handle? NO! Really, that is the LAST thing I consider when buying a bow.

Put an active stabilizer on it and a String Tamer and kill stuff.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

With some ? to his review, to the people who ask if he tried it with a stabilizer, I did... I put my octane 11.5"er on there and my 30" select archery super stix stab. Neither tamed the vibe very much, but like i said before, it still shot the arrows straight outta my bow. I actually shot it very well fwiw.

Derek
Old 01-04-2009, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: drockw

With some ? to his review, to the people who ask if he tried it with a stabilizer, I did... I put my octane 11.5"er on there and my 30" select archery super stix stab. Neither tamed the vibe very much, but like i said before, it still shot the arrows straight outta my bow. I actually shot it very well fwiw.

Derek
I bet you didn't put a MeanV on it![8D]

Dan
Old 01-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

I shot the reezen 6.5 60lbs./28in. and the 7.0 yesterday, 70lbs/29in. The 7.0 didn't seem to have as much vibration. Not sure why. After I put a sims s-coil modular stabilizer on it the vibration was almost gone. I was shooting an EastonN-Fused Axis 400 which weighs in right at 400 gr. I think I am going to pickup a 7.0next week. Once i put my string tamer on it and some limb savers I think the vibration will be gone. Every other bow comes with a string tamer on it already. I bet if you took them off you would notice more hand shock from them also. I think the hand shock will be an easy fix.I can promise you I'm not a fanboy. I have had a bow from three different manufactures in the last 4 or 5 years (Hoyt, Bowtech, and Mathews). I still own the Bowtech (Allegiance, 2007) and I don't plan on letting it go any time soon. I wouldn't give up on the reezen untillyou put some accessories on it.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: drockw

ORIGINAL: the critter

a decent stabalizer will take care of most vibraton on a Reezen.

Some people are just ignorant........
Terminal velocity in chillicothe ohio?
and if the stab. doesnt help it, oh well, cuz its still gonna drive tacs either way

I went from a Bowtech General, to a 101st Airborne. I went from absolutely 0 hand shock, to tons of it from the 101st. I shot the 101st better than the General by far. Teh 101st was louder, had lots more shock/vibration, but it still drilled the arrows just the same. And that was with a tune from Terminal Velocity Archery.

Derek