Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My opinion on Mathews NEW SPPED BOWS! >

My opinion on Mathews NEW SPPED BOWS!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My opinion on Mathews NEW SPPED BOWS!

Old 01-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My opinion on Mathews NEW SPPED BOWS!

"the 7 second (NO LIE) vibration after shooting is absolutely shameful!"

And you expect folks to take you seriously, come on! LOL!
Old 01-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

BOOO!
Old 01-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: strutnbuck

Well I shot both of Mathews new speed bows for 09 and I have to say they need to issue a call back on any they have sold already! The draw is rough and the 7 second (NO LIE) vibration after shooting is absolutely shameful! Mathews has put out some goods bows, but they deffinatly should have done A LOT more R&D before releasing these bows as they are so far under the class of quality that Mathews built its name on! Just my 2 cents!
How can you sit here and say that they need to send them back and do more r&d on them? Have you actually put it through the test yet and actually seen how forgiving the bow is? No, you just went in there and shot it and said "It has vibe, and a kinda ruff draw, this bow sucks"

By no means is the Reezen my favorite bow at all. Ive shot many that feel better to me, but i would never say anything of the likes that they are "far under the class of quality"

FYI, the Reezen has been tested already by many, and although it has that long vibe (i will agree, it is very drawn out and apparent) it is the MOST EFFICIENT BOW MADE!!! That is not me saying that, that was what the test results say!

I am no Mathews fan boy, or any for that matter, and like you I didnt really care for the Reezen, but to say that it isnt quality, or needs to be taken back[:'(]

I understand you didnt like it, but without owning it and shooting it, how can you say it isnt quality?
Derek
Old 01-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Host of Hosts

I have to agree with the others and say that the bow is definately NOT low quality. It does have hand shock, but it is still a good bow. Mathews is a top notch company and I've seen first hand how they do business. I don't shoot Mathews, but the way they have treated my dealer is first rate. It has me re-thinking what a good bow comapny is.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the reezen 6.5 several times now with and without stabilizers.. Setup correctly with 29" dl and 70lbs..
I will say that there is a lot of left over vibration after the shot, I was stunned every time I shot it. No reason any bow
by todays standards should have vibration like that imo.. But oh well.. people wanted faster bows and mathews has given them that. I didn't chrono the bow but I can say that it really flung an arrow fast.. Some will like it, not for me though..

Also shot the DXT and the new Bowtech bows.. I ordered the Admiral.. Dead in your hands after the shot, amazing..
Old 01-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: demoIL

I shot the reezen 6.5 several times now with and without stabilizers.. Setup correctly with 29" dl and 70lbs..
I will say that there is a lot of left over vibration after the shot, I was stunned every time I shot it. No reason any bow
by todays standards should have vibration like that imo.. But oh well.. people wanted faster bows and mathews has given them that. I didn't chrono the bow but I can say that it really flung an arrow fast.. Some will like it, not for me though..

Also shot the DXT and the new Bowtech bows.. I ordered the Admiral.. Dead in your hands after the shot, amazing..

That is what people are getting SOO worked up about now a days and it really DOES NOT MATTER!!! Hand shock wont dictate how well a bow will perform at all. If you ever shoot a really good target bow, it will have hand shock, even in absolute perfect tune. Shoot a Proelite, you will see... Hand shock doesnt = performance/forgivingness.

Derek
Old 01-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 01-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Spike

a decent stabalizer will take care of most vibraton on a Reezen.

Some people are just ignorant........
Old 01-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: the critter

a decent stabalizer will take care of most vibraton on a Reezen.

Some people are just ignorant........
and if the stab. doesnt help it, oh well, cuz its still gonna drive tacs either way

I went from a Bowtech General, to a 101st Airborne. I went from absolutely 0 hand shock, to tons of it from the 101st. I shot the 101st better than the General by far. Teh 101st was louder, had lots more shock/vibration, but it still drilled the arrows just the same. And that was with a tune from Terminal Velocity Archery.

Derek
Old 01-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sure there are a few on here that knows what tons of handshock is, but then some of you weren't around when those bows were made.

Last year I owned a General, Guardian, Allegiance, Marquis, Airborne 101st, & Airborne 82nd. I also shotthe Flagship bows fromthe other major Bow companies.To me it was amazing the lack of hand shock with all those bows.

Were there differences? Yep, but still totally amazing the lack of noise and hand shock at the performance level some of these bows have.

I tuned my own bows

Dan

Quick Reply: My opinion on Mathews NEW SPPED BOWS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.