Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite??

Old 01-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Banned

Default Elite??

I asked my dealer yesterday if he was going to carry Elite bows and what he thinks of them. He said that the Elite owner was a former employee and used Bowtech's computers to develop the elite bow...stole parts from the Bowtech factory that he was employed at, and started the business up with Bowtech's parts and computer technology. Said he wouldn't deal with a company that was founded that way. My dealer is a knowledgeable man and I don't believe he talks about stuff he doesn't know; maybe I am wrong. Says that the company has several lawsuits going on from Bowtech suing them. Fill me in...what's up with Elite and how they got started.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Elite??

Man Don you have been out of the loop haven't you.[8D] Ya know this is years old now. Your dealer has some correct intell, That's all I'm going to say.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

He was the cheif designer at bowtech, and he does not own Elite. His wife did, but she sold it. He is just an employee at Elite.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Man Don you have been out of the loop haven't you.[8D] Ya know this is years old now. Your dealer has some correct intell, That's all I'm going to say.
Yes, I have. I stay off of the net about 6-8 months and I get back on and I see Elite bows everywhere and I even asked Germ on a thread to fill me in on who owns Elite and where they came from and NO ONE made a reply. I asked the same on AT and it just got swept away. Now I know why, by the looks of it on AT...my dealer is right. I am a business owner and I just don't like that type of conduct and I just want to be educated on the company as I have considered this company(no dealers in my area though). I will stick with Bowtech...lots of dealers and the best product I have shot to date.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Yes, I have. I stay off of the net about 6-8 months and I get back on and I see Elite bows everywhere and I even asked Germ on a thread to fill me in on who owns Elite and where they came from and NO ONE made a reply. I asked the same on AT and it just got swept away. Now I know why, by the looks of it on AT...my dealer is right. I am a business owner and I just don't like that type of conduct and I just want to be educated on the company as I have considered this company(no dealers in my area though). I will stick with Bowtech...lots of dealers and the best product I have shot to date.

There is more to the story Don

He(Kevin) married the Martin Girl, there were stories of Kevin feeding info to martin. Bowtech canned Kevin and Kevin went a little nuts. He even tried to sell some stock in bowtech on Ebay.

There is a thread at AT one can still read where the hole thing went down online.

There are two sides to every story
Old 01-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Banned

Well, I am wanting educated and not here to point fingers or spread rumors... I just want to know facts. I have been out of the loop lately...I get back into the forums and Elite is everywhere and 6-8 months ago I never heard of them. No Elite dealers in the entire State of IA except for 1, in the far ne corner. I want a company that has dealers everywhere as I travel and I can't drop a bow or have an accident with it and have the nearest dealer 40 million miles away. But I hear a lot of raving about them...ask my dealer..and this is what I am told.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:54 AM
bigcountry

I asked my dealer yesterday if he was going to carry Elite bows and what he thinks of them. He said that the Elite owner was a former employee and used Bowtech's computers to develop the elite bow...stole parts from the Bowtech factory that he was employed at, and started the business up with Bowtech's parts and computer technology. Said he wouldn't deal with a company that was founded that way. My dealer is a knowledgeable man and I don't believe he talks about stuff he doesn't know; maybe I am wrong. Says that the company has several lawsuits going on from Bowtech suing them. Fill me in...what's up with Elite and how they got started.
Technically, your dealer is correct. But I don't believe it was the elite products but a bow for Martin themselves.

Lets say Don, you and I were partners, and we had some serious disagreements, and i use our corporate computers, modeling programs, cad programs, etc, and did business on the side, that directly competed with your and I's product. And then I broke away, you the partner might be ticked off. I might feel justified because the corporation we have built wouldn't be jack without me anyway.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well, I am wanting educated and not here to point fingers or spread rumors... I just want to know facts. I have been out of the loop lately...I get back into the forums and Elite is everywhere and 6-8 months ago I never heard of them. No Elite dealers in the entire State of IA except for 1, in the far ne corner. I want a company that has dealers everywhere as I travel and I can't drop a bow or have an accident with it and have the nearest dealer 40 million miles away. But I hear a lot of raving about them...ask my dealer..and this is what I am told.
Well the one thing I have learned the Archery world business is just as bad as Politics. I have spoken with Kevin via PM. Like most things Bowtech made some mistakes and so did Kevin IMO.

They are a fine shooting bow, I still like ROSS better and will be looking at the new lineup. Being I completely destroyed mine
Old 01-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

I guess hardcorehunter is not the only one 'out of the loop' as I had not heard this story before either. I recently purchases a new bow (Captain) but in the research process saw that the Elite bows produce amazing speeds with forgiving brace heights. Between that research and the hype on the Elite bows I was, to say the least, highly interested. But as it turns out, my bow shop (that has a trade-in program) does not carry Elite. After reading this thread, I'm not sure what to think..... Maybe I'm not really dissapointed that my bow shop doesn't carry Elite bows. On the other hand, I have about ZERO belief in the genuine integrity of anything involving a corporation and dollars.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

I like the Bowtech I own and have a great and caring dealer in my area. Having said that I too was interested in checking out the Elite bows and found two dealers within a 45 minutes drive. Problem is now Elite is said to be sold...again and nobody is allowed to say who just yet. Some little known company is the rumor. In fact a whole thread on the subject was just recently washed away[>:]. Besides, their bows are draw length specific. I hate that! Guess I'll check out some new Bowtechs soon and the Ross Carnivore.....I really like the looks of it.

Quick Reply: Elite??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.