Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 going to get a new bow >

going to get a new bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

going to get a new bow

Old 01-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Spike

Default RE: going to get a new bow

Treestand were did you find the alien. I haven't heard of that one. My dad has a Mathews now, but hunted a long time with his cougar mag. Now I know things change, but the few people that I know that have Martins really like them and that is why I want to try one. And me as a person have never gone with the grain.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: moparmaddnes

Treestand were did you find the alien. I haven't heard of that one. My dad has a Mathews now, but hunted a long time with his cougar mag. Now I know things change, but the few people that I know that have Martins really like them and that is why I want to try one. And me as a person have never gone with the grain.
It's a Rytera, made by Martin (Ryan and Terry Martin) it's brand new for 09, I believe they will have at least 1 more Alien model coming out at the ATA show(maybe a little later than that). Suppossed to be a bit longer axle to axle bow than this one. Martin has so many good models out for 09. If more people actually quit worrying about the name on the bow, and gave the Martins a real chance they would love them. Go on over to Archery Talk and do a searchfor the Rytera Alien X, and any of the awesome bows they have for 09. You'll find out whatmyself and a ton of others have already realized...Martin bows are awesome and the company is 2nd to none.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:49 PM

That Warthog and AlienX is sick lookin!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Banned

My advise is to find what you like and then buy it off of AT in the classifieds for a fraction of the cost as new. I just did this myself and saved $300 on an 82nd Airborne that was new and never rigged up and shot. I honestly don't think I will ever buy a new bow again.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Spike

Here's some more pics of the AlienX.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Spike

Available with either the Hybrix Duo cam or a single cam called the "Tranz Cam".