Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 going to get a new bow >

going to get a new bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

going to get a new bow

Old 12-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Spike

Default going to get a new bow

Hello everyone
I am finnally going to get a top of the line bow, thanks to my Dad. I read these posts quite often and was hoping on some input. The brands that I am looking at are Mathews,Bowtech,Hoyt,and Martin. Yesterday I shot a Hoyt Katera and Mathews Reezen and Hyper light. I liked how the Hoyt shot, but have heard about problems with keeping the bow tuned. Couldn't make a fair assesment on the Mathews for the reezens draw length was to long and the hyper didn,t have sights so had to shoot from 10yds. I am going over to a shop that is somewhat closer and has a bunch of manufacters bows. I caled him today and he told me that they dropped the Hoyt and Bowtech line. Hoyt, because of to many people bringing the bows back to be worked on and the Bowtech because of horrible customer service. What is everyones opinions on these bows. I really would like to know about Martin to.
Matt
Old 12-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: going to get a new bow

All the bows makers you listed are very good. It’s going to come down to personal preference. Everyone will have a good and bad story about each maker. Shoot as many as you can, and decide from there.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:34 PM

i would stay away from martin, just my experience...depending on your price range i would say mathews(more) or bowtech(less)
Old 12-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is all up to you in the end, go out and shoot all the bows you possibly can and pick the one that you feel the most comfortable with, there are alot of people on this sight who shoot bowtech and say nothing but good about customer service and the way the bows shoot,I personally shoot a Hoytand love it. People can come out here and tell you what they think you should shoot but it all comes down to you man pick the one that fits you the best. Best of luck finding the bow man
Old 12-31-2008, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

If you like Hoyt, you can always look at the Reflex line (Hoyt makes Reflex). I couldn't afford a brand new Hoyt, but the Reflex bows are identical.

IE: Reflex's Growler is the same bow as the Hoyt Powerhawk

I just bought my 2008 Reflex Charger (VERY similar to the Katera) a couple days ago and absolutely love it!

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3266362
Old 12-31-2008, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: moparmaddnes

Hoyt, because of to many people bringing the bows back to be worked on and the Bowtech because of horrible customer service.
WOW, are sure you don't have this backward.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

Hoyt, because of to many people bringing the bows back to be worked on and the Bowtech because of horrible customer service.
I haven't heard of anyone not being taken care of on the Bowtech Customer Service. I think you may be confused.

Of the companies you have listed there, you should be able to shoot as many of their bows as you can and buy what feels best to you. All of those companies stand behind their bows. You may just need to make sure you have a QUALITY shop before deeming bad customer service.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:05 PM
Spike

That is the 2nd shop that has told me about the tuning issues with Hoyt. As far as Bowtech he said that they were having some issues and decided to drop them. I do plan on shooting as many as I can. I did like how the hoyt shot and was hoping to be able to shoot it on Friday. They said that they were not going to get the Martin till mid Feb.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

I haven't heard of anyone not being taken care of on the Bowtech Customer Service. I think you may be confused.

Of the companies you have listed there, you should be able to shoot as many of their bows as you can and buy what feels best to you. All of those companies stand behind their bows. You may just need to make sure you have a QUALITY shop before deeming bad customer service.
I agree Ben I have never had a problem when I went to my shop with questions or customer service. He was always up to snuff with bowtech and if he did not know he got me the answers.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ummm.. Well Bowtech has good customer service and while they had problems with the Generals limbs it was admitted and corrected. Hoyt makes a really durable bow..

Now I've always been a mathews shooter but I'm here to tell you that it would not be right if you didn't shoot the Admiral and the Captain. I have my Admiral on order, seriously one of the sweetest bows I've ever shot..

Good Luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.