HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   gorilla Kong Stand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/280578-gorilla-kong-stand.html)

cooter144 12-30-2008 11:04 AM

gorilla Kong Stand

I may need to add a couple stands to my arsenal for next season. I love LW stands but I can't afford to buy alot of those.

Anyone have any experiences with the Gorilla Kong stands?

How quiet are they (particularly in cold weather)?

Easy of hanging?

etc

MN/Kyle 12-30-2008 11:24 AM

RE: gorilla Kong Stand

I have two Kongs, and A king kong.

I love gorilla treestands. Very easy to set up and move quickly, pretty quiet, not too heavy, and doesn't break the bank.

The ONLY thing I don't like about them is the straps. I always go to the hardware and get some heavier duty ratchet straps.

cooter144 12-30-2008 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

I have two Kongs, and A king kong.

I love gorilla treestands. Very easy to set up and move quickly, pretty quiet, not too heavy, and doesn't break the bank.

The ONLY thing I don't like about them is the straps. I always go to the hardware and get some heavier duty ratchet straps.
Thanks for the reply...

So you think the straps are a little flimsy? unsafe?

wallhangr 12-30-2008 12:29 PM

I've been using one for about 6 seasons now and have never had any trouble. I use the factory straps and they've always been steady. No noise & very lite.Extend the strap before you climb and it's a breeze to set up.

whitetailbowhunter 12-30-2008 12:42 PM

I have a King Kong. and I really like it. And like Kyle said the straps suck! I would highly recommend buying new straps.

crenshaw 12-30-2008 01:00 PM

I probably have 12 gorilla stands. at least! ill do inventory in month. Either way there not as good as they used to be IMO. They used to be better constructed. I dont have problems with the straps,i bought two new gorillas this year and bow squeked, which i never had happen before.

I also bought another rivers edge stand, I have about 10 rivers edges too and no problems with them. Gorillas have a longer platform and River edge offers a wider platform but not as long. Id go with the top end gorillas or the rivers edge if you want to get a decent stand for $70. The cheaper gorillas arent as good as they used to be.

wallhangr 12-30-2008 01:07 PM

Not sure why some of you are having strap issues?? The only problem I ever had was learining how to loosen them to get the stand down. Unless they have changed in the past couple years.

Canuck33 12-30-2008 01:56 PM

I will agree they are quiet and good construction but man unless the guy's who say they aren't heavy have never used other stands i would strongly disagree they are the heaviest stands I have ever hung. My buddy has about 6 of different sizes and they are ball busters to hang compaired to my summits and others I have. I bought 3 new field and stream stands list year for $30 and they are the best under $50 stands I have ever bought, they fold, carrry and hang great, much lighter. They make a little bigger model for $50 but I'm good with the smaller platforms. I would recomment the F&S over the, you need a Gorilla, to hang them but both are quiet and well built.

cooter144 12-30-2008 02:04 PM

AKong only weighs 15lbs but they make other larger stands that are heavier.

demoIL 12-30-2008 03:03 PM

I have a couple of the kong hang ons and love them.. They work good, i use the strap but add a wratchet strap of my own as well..