Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BH didn't open, pics added >

BH didn't open, pics added

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BH didn't open, pics added

Old 12-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sunday evenings hunt- BH didn't open

dont forget a yote has thick fur....its going to soak up blood leaving less blood than normal many times....

i too dont understand how the o-ring got to where it is without the blades opening...though i dont know how that broadhead operates....

looks like a good hit with the fletchings soaked like that....but hard to say...and they are very tough critters and have been known to go a good distance and will get to cover before dying if they are given the opprotunity....
Old 12-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I design and build things for a living,every think from simple mortars to drive parts for nuclear submarines.
If it is a man made mechanical produce with or with out moving parts it has theabilityto fail,fixed blades just have allot less chance of something going wrong.
Mechanicals have inherent faults that come with material and monetary restraints setting the production boundaries, the percentage of failures is not onlylimited to the manufactures quality control standards but also the assembly process.
Many of these faults are undetectable to the human eye and are only found after the product fails during use.
With a fix blade head a simple spin test will tell you if the ferrule is straight and if the blades are held firmly in place its a pretty good bet that the head will function as designed to.
For the typical shot on white tailed deer I see no benefit mechanical heads.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now thatsgood stuff,LOL.

I was thinking it could have failed before I seen the pic. Now I'mcleaning pop off my key board.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would either pick someone from Michigan or Pennsylvania and blame them for it [:@]
Old 12-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I design and build things for a living,every think from simple mortars to drive parts for nuclear submarines.
If it is a man made mechanical produce with or with out moving parts it has theabilityto fail,fixed blades just have allot less chance of something going wrong.
Mechanicals have inherent faults that come with material and monetary restraints setting the production boundaries, the percentage of failures is not onlylimited to the manufactures quality control standards but also the assembly process.
Many of these faults are undetectable to the human eye and are only found after the product fails during use.
With a fix blade head a simple spin test will tell you if the ferrule is straight and if the blades are held firmly in place its a pretty good bet that the head will function as designed to.
Are you an Engineer???
Derek
Old 12-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: drockw

Are you an Engineer???
Derek
Not the kind that gets to drive those cooltrains.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

Now thatsgood stuff,LOL.

I was thinking it could have failed before I seen the pic. Now I'mcleaning pop off my key board.

I'll explain how the oring is on the shaft of the arrow if you can explain how it went through an animal w/o getting the blades bloody.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not so sure that the blades didn't open, and make get cleaned by Saskwatch just so he could mess with you for a change!!!! Seriously though, unless several of us have TOTALLY missed something, I don't see how the o-ring could get where it is and the blades not have opened. No offense, but that's just how I'm seeing it. If you're skeptical of those heads, get some Slick Trick Magnums, 4 blades comprising 1.125" cut is gonna be about as good as a 2.25" 2 blade on a sturdier frame that flies PERFECT!!!! I'll likely never shoot anything but a ST again unless my mindset changes, because I'm totally satisfied with their performance!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drockw

Are you an Engineer???
Derek
Not the kind that gets to drive those cooltrains.
Awesome!!! Thats what im going to school for.

It sounded like thats what you did, just wondering. Nice response to btw.
Derek
Old 12-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

ORIGINAL: louddrummer69

I use them and one reason why is they pattern better than fixed broadheads for me. That's all.
That is more than likely a tuning issue.
My bow is tuned just fine. I'm in the bow shop quite a bit for tournaments and am constantly trying to keep my accuracy. The mechanicals just shoot better with my setup.

Quick Reply: BH didn't open, pics added

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.