HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Who's ready for some major leg work? sheddin (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/280463-whos-ready-some-major-leg-work-sheddin.html)

bloodcrick 12-29-2008 03:39 PM

Who's ready for some major leg work? sheddin

Man i got the itch bad, Shed hunting to me is almost as good as hunting its self :)I learn alot in the shed woods every yearfor the following seasons hunts. + its dam good exercise ;)I get challenged by the old nasty strip mine hills. Any one else ready?? I think ill keep a log for the first time this year for hours spent between finds. should be interesting. I just hope they dont fall off till afterJan 4th :D

buttonbuckmaster 12-29-2008 03:44 PM

RE: Who's ready for some major leg work? sheddin

I can't wait. I'll be deer hunting until mid January, predator hunting until late February and then shed hunting starts. I'll scout for gobblersat the same time, its a great time to be in the timber.

NY/Al 12-29-2008 04:19 PM

Heck ive already got 9 hours in![8D]

I would say most have their horns still here, but they do tend to drop pretty early by me. Havnt found anything but good sign yet, its only a matter of time.:D

bowtruck 12-29-2008 04:28 PM

;)Found a little 6pt shed on sunday

piketon_hunter#9 12-29-2008 04:44 PM

shed hunting means deer season is over:(

Ben / PA 12-29-2008 04:45 PM

Last year was my first year dabbling in shed hunting. With that addition of the new property, I plan on putting in a lot more time this year.

130woodman 12-29-2008 05:11 PM

As of yesterday I'm ready.

Cougar Mag 12-29-2008 05:42 PM

i'm not much of a shed hunter but plan on trying it more. Didn't think I'd say this but I'll be glad when the ground freezes again. After this afternoon's hunt I really hate wet, muddy fields and lanes.

rybohunter 12-29-2008 06:32 PM

I don't find the fascination that many of you do. That said, for exercise reasons mostly, I do plan to try it a little more this year. Plus I have a lot of off season tree picking/trimming I want to accomplish in my main hunting spot. I feel I've become too complacent. Time to get a little more aggressive and get right up on these big boys bed room doors.

MOhunter46 12-29-2008 06:45 PM

Im gonna try and find some sheds for the first time, hopefully ill find some.

Wayne