Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who shoots a bear? >

who shoots a bear?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who shoots a bear?

Old 12-28-2008, 08:31 PM

Default who shoots a bear?

i shoot a bear lights out and love it..who else shoots a bear? (include model, setup, etc)

-all opinions welcome
Old 12-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: who shoots a bear?

I shoot a Montana, great bow, hits hard and right where your looking at! My son shoots a 65' Kodiak Magnum, also a sweet shooting bow!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a bear recurve...and even though I don't shoot a bear compound I respect the name and their equipment..and I surely respect the man named "Fred Bear"

I've never read a Story about John doe Hoyt, Dave doeBowtech, or ????Matthews...

In my opinion...this is something to think about when you look at Archery as a tradition.

They're all top knotch...but when you talk people we can all talk FRED.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

I just picked out a Bear Lights Out that I'll get Mid-January! It's my first bow and I'm really excited to start bow hunting. Shooting it then shooting a Matthews there was no contest on which felt better to me. Anything I should know about the Lights Out that you can pass on to save me some grief or make me better with it?
Old 12-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

i also shot a lightsout and like it alot. carbon exspress, shuttle t-lock 100 gr, trophy ridge stab., trophy gidge quiver, ultra rest fall away, 3 pin challenger sights, true fire release. first time shoting a bear. im getting ready to send mine back to have it checked. the wrap on the string at the cam is fraying badly. i called hunters friend were i bought my bow, they asked me to send pic. so i did. 5 min latter they are asking me to send back for possible bur on cam. they said it did not look right. keep your eye on that, outherwise i luv my bow.took a nice 4 point this year with it. i told them me and my bow have history and i want MY bow back . lol good luck with your bow and shoot straight.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: natimage

I just picked out a Bear Lights Out that I'll get Mid-January! It's my first bow and I'm really excited to start bow hunting. Shooting it then shooting a Matthews there was no contest on which felt better to me. Anything I should know about the Lights Out that you can pass on to save me some grief or make me better with it?
heres somthings ive learned-
1) beman arrows shoot really well out of it
2) dont get a kisser button if you never have before
3) its a really quiet bow right outa the box, even w/o silencers
4) the shorter limbs make it way easier to shoot out of blinds/climbers
Old 12-28-2008, 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

I have a bear recurve...and even though I don't shoot a bear compound I respect the name and their equipment..and I surely respect the man named "Fred Bear"

I've never read a Story about John doe Hoyt, Dave doeBowtech, or ????Matthews...

In my opinion...this is something to think about when you look at Archery as a tradition.

They're all top knotch...but when you talk people we can all talk FRED.
fred bear would be glad to hear he lefta mark on american outdoorsman...and idk abut you but i thinkted nugent doesa good job in his song "fred bear"
Old 12-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to have a bear TRX compound, but sold it. Nice bow for the money, it killed 3 deer.

I do have a bear kodiak magnum and a bear bearcat, both recurves. Those are some fun shootin!
Old 12-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I play Fred Bear as I round the corner onto atwater road ever year...I've done this as a tradition since around 1992 when I first heard the song when I was 17...

Its just one of those things I do that make me realize its opening day.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've shot 7 Bears the biggest weighed 450# and the skull just missed B&C (21")

O wait wrong kind of Bear[8D]

I met Fred Bear in the 80's and spent a long time talking Bowhunting with him. A True Bowhunter and a Gentleman as well.

Dan

Quick Reply: who shoots a bear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.