Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 All the hype; disappointed >

All the hype; disappointed

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

All the hype; disappointed

Old 12-27-2008, 10:16 PM

Default RE: All the hype; disappointed

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I will have to admit,I liked the draw cycle of the Katera better than the AM,but the Am is an absolute shooter with plenty of forgiveness to spare.
I like the AM better because of how smooth it is. I was shocked at how stiff the draw felt...it felt like I was drawing more weight than I was....or like I was drawing the peak weight the entire cycle. Hard to explain, but it seems stiff. I just like how smooth it was though. Im going to 60# anyway, so I could go to a 5x harsher draw and still be better off than my 70# Vectrix. 60# is just easier to pull than 70# regardless of draw cycle. I wouldnt even look into upgrading if my current bow was 60#.

I want a lighter bow that I can hold back longer at full draw (60#), no brainer for me.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im interested to get my AM in b/c mine will have the #3 cam (if im correct) Im a 29.5-30" draw so i will have the next cam up from what you guys have shot. I havent shot it yet (the bows i shoot at the shop are all 29) but i have heard that the next cam up, at 29.5-30" will be slower than a maxed out #2 cam, but will be smoother.

Iwill definately chime in and give a solid review on the difference b/c i have the ablility to shoot and setup any configurationof them.
Derek
Old 12-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz2bimI8WTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czEs1xZbtb4&feature=related
Old 12-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can see how it gets stiffer at the end in the first video but the kid has his poundage set where it isn't an issue,plus,I am assuming he has it on a shorter setting which will also take some of the stiffness away.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I have never shot the 101st or the General
Anyone that hasn't shot the 101st missed a sleeper and a heck of a bow. If anyone out there has a line on some leftovers, I'd like to know. I have one, but would like to get another so I have a backup. Just because the 82nd was a touch faster, it had better sales and they kept it. The 101 had a better BH and was still about as fast. Sorry to highjack the thread but anyone who sees one in a shop and doesn't shoot it is missing out IMO.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:49 AM
Typical Buck

I just bought the am 32 and I find the draw cycle to be very smooth. I went from shooting a 60 tribute to a 70 Am and find that the AM is an easier pull for me. The back wall is more solid than the tribute to me as well. The tribute always felt like it wanted to take off on me where as the AM feels like I could hold at draw forever.Letting down from full drawwith the Am is alot smoother and easier than the tribute for me as well.I am fairly new to archery so i don't have alot of experience to go off of like most here, but I am happy with my HOYT.

I did love the tribute and was not happy to part with it, but am satisfied with the AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the AM 35 the other day and didn't think it was too bad. I shot it will the Captain and Iceman. Of the three I liked the Captain the best.

I can see the bump before the wall roll over in my 82nd, but it is a speed bow, and expected.
You can change that "bump" by playing with the draw stop peg. Of course it will effect some other things like draw length and letoff but you may or may not find you are more comfortable with less "bump".
Old 12-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I have never shot the 101st or the General
Anyone that hasn't shot the 101st missed a sleeper and a heck of a bow. If anyone out there has a line on some leftovers, I'd like to know. I have one, but would like to get another so I have a backup. Just because the 82nd was a touch faster, it had better sales and they kept it. The 101 had a better BH and was still about as fast. Sorry to highjack the thread but anyone who sees one in a shop and doesn't shoot it is missing out IMO.
Talk to Len in Maryland. I know he bought a bunch of the older model bows because he liked them and the price was right. I know he bought about 20 of the Guardians. Don't know if he bought any of the 101s.