Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 best odor eliminating product? >

best odor eliminating product?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

best odor eliminating product?

Old 12-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best odor eliminating product?

I voted other. I hang my hunting clothes out side in the fresh air. Or sometimes put them in a plastic bags with dried leaves. Let Mother Nature take care of it.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:12 PM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I think the guys that say "playing the wind" is the best are funny...

Being scent free is a must. Minimal intrusion !

why not be scent free ?

Working the wind is a necessity of the past. With modern technology, its no longer required....
Good one.

Are we honestly suggesting that a spray can make you scent free, over riding the need to pay attention to the winds? I use em just as much as the next guy, but IMO they play a minimal role to watching the wind.

Forget the wind, just hunt![8D]360*
Old 12-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Scent Sheild by Robinson labs

can't beleive it's not a choice on the poll
Old 12-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good one.

Are we honestly suggesting that a spray can make you scent free, over riding the need to pay attention to the winds? I use em just as much as the next guy, but IMO they play a minimal role to watching the wind.

Forget the wind, just hunt![8D]360*
Not just spray...But spray is part of the process. Showering in scent eliminating soap, scent elimination body deodorant, proper care of hunting garments, eliminating breath odor, use of chlorophyl copper, dressingafter you arrive onto your propertyand then spraying down..

I try my best to work the wind, when applicable, but it doenst always work out. I think, when the above process if followed STRICTLY, working the wind is not required...and that is not a guess, its been prooven, time and time again.
I'm starting to think some of you guys actually marinate in scentkiller before you will even drive by the woods.Good grief, at what point does this become a job? Dressing in the woods. Using rubber gloves to do your laundry. Taking vitamin supplements tomask your BO. Whatever happened to having fun and hunting? If I went through all those steps just to hunt for a couple of hours and still got busted....I would take up knitting.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

X-Scent for me but honestly I have not found a "best".
Good Call!!!! I agree, this stuff is the ultimate (similarly, other silver-ion anti-microbial base layers are also effective), and when used as a base-layer, it allows me to use whatever I choose as an outer layer. As for what spray or whatever to use, I like Hunter Specialties Fall Blend cover scent. I also wash ALL of my clothes in ALL: Free & Clear (scent-free) detergent.

I'd like to try to hunt the wind, but it changes so often, I feel I'm just as well to put on a good base layer, add my camo over top, and make sure I've suppressed my scent to an extent that I can get away with being on the wrong side of the wind!!!!

Old 12-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-27-2008, 05:07 PM

Working the wind is a necessity of the past. With modern technology, its no longer required....Dont get me wrong, just like scent blocker and scent spray enhance the chances of connecting, so does playing the wind, but its not a fail-safe, anymore.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Dominant Buck

The wind.

Quick Reply: best odor eliminating product?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.