Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hoyts, bowtechs, and matthews suck >

hoyts, bowtechs, and matthews suck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hoyts, bowtechs, and matthews suck

Old 12-27-2008, 05:04 PM

Default RE: hoyts, bowtechs, and matthews suck

WOW your friend must be quite an accomplished hunter. I know there are 28 big game animals in North America. He must hunt in Africa quite a bit a take it??
Old 12-27-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Predator19

WOW your friend must be quite an accomplished hunter. I know there are 28 big game animals in North America. He must hunt in Africa quite a bit a take it??
yeah hes insane. he killed a water buffalo at 10 yards away with his recurve
i believe that it is the hunter behind the equpiment and if you are a good with your recurve then that is what you should hunt with. its the hunter, not the equpiment.
but i think he should give compounds a shot to see if he at least likes them
Old 12-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

haha yeah he a good hunter with that dam recurve of his. he would be better with a hoyt or something or at least a nice compound
I am a recurve shooter/bow hunter myself and I know I could add another 7 to 8 P&Y bucks to my walls If I had the extra yardage one has with a compound. It doesn't mean I would be a better hunter though If I did shoot a compound and would get them 7 to 8 other P&Y bucks I eluded to. All It would show Is that I have a higher taxidermy bill and an empty check book.[8D]
Well said Schultzy
Old 12-28-2008, 07:12 AM
Host of Hosts

Your friends words are gospel!!!! The fact is, it is the man behind the bow, not the bow. However, your friend is showing the exact problem in the hunting world. The trad guys against the compound guys, the Bowtech guy against the Matthews guy and so on. The baiters against the non-baiters, the southern guys against the northern guys, the land leasers against the public land guys. We are so divided and cannot get along, just look how much arguing goes on in here.

I agree, don't forget gunhunters vs bow hunters. I prefer to hunt with a bow, but have taken lots of deer with a rifle. There is alot of animosity between the gun/bow guys as well. Of course not in all cases.