Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 rant about Bass Pro Shop. (just sharing my experience) >

rant about Bass Pro Shop. (just sharing my experience)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rant about Bass Pro Shop. (just sharing my experience)

Old 12-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: rant about Bass Pro Shop. (just sharing my experience)

Hey jayman, I see you're from OK, which BP did you go to?
Old 12-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

we went up to the springfield store, kinda a road trip with the boys.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

i think a small proshop is the way to go, if something goes wrong u have a guy who can help u out quick.....my proshop is seneca archery, i have done business with cabelas(wheeling, WV)in the past, but im done with them, it seems like every time i go over there, at least one of the employees in one of the departments rubs me the wrong way
Old 12-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jayman035

we went up to the springfield store, kinda a road trip with the boys.
I go to the store in Springfield quite often and it always packed. I always have them cut my arrows, ill say"could you please cut these 29". They always give me a nasty lookbut at least they cut them, sorryabout your expirence.

Wayne
Old 12-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

oh the woman who cut my arrows was great. she didnt care how busy it was she was there to cut arrows and made sure they were done right. kudo's to her.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jayman035

oh the woman who cut my arrows was great. she didnt care how busy it was she was there to cut arrows and made sure they were done right. kudo's to her.
Thats good to know. Now that i think about it, the last time i got arrows cut down there, there was a lady that did it and she was prettynice.

Wayne
Old 12-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

Hate to say this but I've been to a couple of pro shops when they were really busy and have seen the same thing...yes I have! But I would still rather buy from a pro shop..better service and they generally aren't as busy as a large box store.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

i do agree seems customer support is out the window i have trouble with the guys in the local gander they could be day dreaming with me the only guy in the store and i would need to hunt them down. Thats is why they got very little of my 08 hunting money.
Though you got to realize they where way over worked and busy. Though he should have helped you he should have atleast told you he need to help some other people during the time you are shooting.
Though i am also one of those guys if the guy acts bad i will let them know normaly you get a 10% i went to gold corel a few months ago bad waiter bad food got a 1/2 off for four people coupon.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want good service go to the local guy in the middle of January. Buy something, use the lanes and you will own the guy. If you wait until a week before season well shame on you.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:55 AM

I live in Las Vegas and there aren't many options as far as pro shops go. We only have one pro shop and Bass Pro. Wife bought me a new bow fromBass Profor Christmas. Went in yesterday to get it tuned up and adjusted. I was the only one in the archery department and it was still like pulling teeth to get any help. The guy was pleasant but wouldn't offer much in the form of advice or knowledge. Yes/No answers to everything. Bla....Bla... Bla.... same story different city! You'd think that if you just spentover 600 dollars, you'd get a little service.

It doesn't matter the department, service stinks. The only place you can get any help is the annoying people trying to sell you a timeshare!

Quick Reply: rant about Bass Pro Shop. (just sharing my experience)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.