Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 rant about Bass Pro Shop. (just sharing my experience) >

rant about Bass Pro Shop. (just sharing my experience)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rant about Bass Pro Shop. (just sharing my experience)

Old 12-28-2008, 02:47 PM

Default RE: rant about Bass Pro Shop. (just sharing my experience)

deleted
Old 12-28-2008, 02:49 PM

Yes...I have heard some ridiculous statements regarding equipment and technical issues come from the mouths of the "techs" behind the archery counter here in the StL area.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

You were rushed because the guy didn't know much. Face it you most likely will never meet someone who can mentor you so you better learn all you can and maybe one day you'll be a mentor you've never met. Sad but true.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

You got a great bow (look at my signature)but remember your set up person needs to be on their game. It is like major league baseball.......a good setup man is worth their weight in gold especially when you are ready to bring in the closer.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not knowing the exact mood of the setting...
Just remember, the old saying "you can't make everyone happy" and it sounds like BP was under staffed in these tuff economic times?
I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose, probably the time of year, who knows?
Patience is a virtue, and I agree with DAVIDMIL, I would have spent an extra $50 at the local expert archery shop!
Old 12-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

dont get me wrong i would have been to my local shop in a flash, but this was purchased with a gift voucher. and we did complain. i am going to take it to my local guy on tuesday and get it running like it should. i cant wait to fire it, he has a 3D shoot set up in the shop and does alot of work with bowtech. il be sure to let you all know how it goes.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its the season you will always find stuff like that in big chain stores. the help are just there to make money not that they love there job . At least you got a great bow
Old 12-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's tough buying a bow at Bass Pro but frankly it was a mistake to go so soon after Xmass but I'm sure I would have been right behind you in line.

Now that you have it go to the local bow shop and buy a dozen arrows and make sure it fits properly.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

I used to work in a local shop........What I hated the most was when somebody would come in with a Mathews (which we didnt deal in) or a bow package, not set up, from D!cks sporting goods, hand it to us from their bag and say "Here set this up for me".... and worse "I wanna try bowhunting".............................the day before season started.

That or when Mathews would give Hank Parker a new bow and he'd want us to work on it. Never bought anything from us, because he got everything free from his sponsors, but sure did want us to work on his bow. Set-up was rediculously low priced, .....whats a couple bucks and a couple dollars in a few minor parts to him?
Old 12-29-2008, 01:26 PM

Afew weeks ago I stood at the firearms counter for 30 minutes. One guy said to me "I'll be with you in a couple minutes". No one ever said another word to me, I left kind of pissed off. I'd still like to buy a ML barrel for a TC Oncore if anyone knows of a good used one.

Quick Reply: rant about Bass Pro Shop. (just sharing my experience)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.