Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 CABELAS or GANDER MOUNTAIN >

CABELAS or GANDER MOUNTAIN

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

CABELAS or GANDER MOUNTAIN

Old 12-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default CABELAS or GANDER MOUNTAIN

I was wondering which store most of you other guys prefer between CABELAS and GANDER MOUNTAIN. I live and hunt in Southwestern, Pennsylvania and have been to the CABELAS in Wheeling, West Virginia and have also been to the GANDER MOUNTAIN located in Washington, Pennsylvania.
I myself prefer GANDER MOUNTAIN because of the numerous bad experiences with CABELAS.
The only drawback that I have with GANDER MOUNTAIN is that they don't have web site that you can view like a cataolg.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: CABELAS or GANDER MOUNTAIN

Bass Pro Shops.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:16 PM

Online? Cabelas by far.

In store? Neither really. Cabelas I guess to check out the mounts. I have found that neither have that great of a selection of things, and when they do they are always missing your size in the camo pattern you want, etc etc...nearly impossible to head in with a specific list of things needed and leave with all items. I have converted to ordering nearly everything offline. Most of the time I save money and it shows up at my front door.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

gander is WAY expensive.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I worked at a Gander store for 3 years and we had a lot of people come in because they liked our store better than a nearby Bass Pro. That's when Gander gave a hoot about customer service; something that slowly went by the wayside.

That being said Gander's prices were usually just a bit lower than BP or Cabelas, but truth be told none of them are any great bargain stores. Their prices are pretty much MSRP unless there are sales going on.

As for archery supplies? They carry very little, if anything, that I would be looking for. Just common old ordinary cheap sights, rests and such.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:19 PM

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

As for archery supplies? They carry very little, if anything, that I would be looking for. Just common old ordinary cheap sights, rests and such.
Exactly what I found.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

Sportsmans Warehouse beats them both for price and CS.

Gander Mountain does have an onlinestore.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I say Cabelas. Customer service, shipping and selection I believe is awesome. Especially with products that say Cabelas on them. Returned 3 year old boots for a brand new pair and a 2 year old blind and didn't have any hassle. They've got my business.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:01 PM

if im goind to order online-cabelas...even though they are so pricey with everything

but as far as stores go...GANDER MOUNTAIN!!!
-theyre building one in my town and its going to open as of sumer 2009
Old 12-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like cabelas quality of stuff but gander mountain has cheaper things so there both pretty good in my eyes

Quick Reply: CABELAS or GANDER MOUNTAIN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.