Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trail Camera users? >

Trail Camera users?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trail Camera users?

Old 12-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trail Camera users?

Buy 2 moultire d40's for 99 bucks a piece. They're better than most cameras that are twice their price...
Old 12-28-2008, 08:43 PM

stealthcam...my dad and i both have them and the trigger speed isnt as fast as cuddeback, but its still really really good for the money
Old 12-29-2008, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

moultrie all the way I have 4 of them and leve them all so much i might get a couple more this year
Old 12-29-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tdmoe

ORIGINAL: RidgeFACTOR

I have 2 Moultries, the basic black model which runs $99 is nothing but junk! It takes a 6 volt battery which usually last about a week, even with a rechargable battery it sucks!
The other Moultrie I have is the 6.0 IR, it takes 6 D batteries which last around 3-4 months but for $300 it's over-priced about $100.
Uhh, I've had the basic black model for 7 months now and have,nt had a single problem....knock on wood.
I'm getting around 4 weeks worth on batt time and get hundreds of pics.
Same here i have mine out and it is one the 4th week one a set of batteries.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: RidgeFACTOR

I have 2 Moultries, the basic black model which runs $99 is nothing but junk! It takes a 6 volt battery which usually last about a week, even with a rechargable battery it sucks!
The other Moultrie I have is the 6.0 IR, it takes 6 D batteries which last around 3-4 months but for $300 it's over-priced about $100.
The Moultries that use the 6V battery are the models they used prior to 2007. And I agree - they were junk. However in 2007, moultrie changed all their cameras to six D batteries which substantially increased the amount of time the batteries lasted.

I currently have 11 Moultrie cameras. The batteries usually lasts 3-4 weeks depending on the number of pictures. But most of my cameras take a lot of pictures (400-600 per week).

For lots of camera reviews, check out http://chasingame.com/

I am surprised no one has mentioned Scout Guard cameras yet. They seem to be the cameras getting the most press right now. I plan on getting 2 soon to try them out. I think they retail for about $200 and do have IR.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not goin to lie. I have only spent 50 bucks on each camra and thats it. mine have lasted 2 years and still working.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:55 AM

Moultrie...I've had it out now for about 2 months with no problems. It's been in 10 degree temps, rain, ice, sleet, snow. It works well andhasquality pics.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Moultries that use the 6V battery are the models they used prior to 2007. And I agree - they were junk. However in 2007, moultrie changed all their cameras to six D batteries which substantially increased the amount of time the batteries lasted
I have 2 of the Moultries with the D batteries and love em. You want alot of time? Buy a 6 volt motorcycle battery or a 6 volt battery for kids cars and hook one of them up to your camera. That'll last.

I have 3 Moultries and I haven't spent over $150 on any of them. IMO they do just the same as the high dollar ones, but I still have that money in my pocket.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Moultrie I40 and must say the battery life is great 4 months plus in all weather.

I also have a Cuddy, not quite the battery life but a faster trigger. What I don't like about the cuddy is I can't read the cards from my digi camera. Have to bring it home an plug it in the puter. They use a different format.

You can check out a lot of models and reviewsat http://trailcameras.com/
Old 01-01-2009, 02:00 PM
N2D

Thanks for all the input guys. I will look into these.

Ed

Quick Reply: Trail Camera users?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.