Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 the you get what you pay for concept >

the you get what you pay for concept

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

the you get what you pay for concept

Old 12-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default the you get what you pay for concept

Do you guys have this type of mentality that you get what you pay for? Like the difference between quality and things of that nature? Like we don't really need that 150 dollar quiver but the quality and durablity of it and the reliability of it etc are its selling points thus makinbg it worth the buy?

(Excuse the spelling am on the ole blackberry)
Ryan.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: the you get what you pay for concept

To a certain degree. If it's a big cost difference I weight the pro's and con's.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont buy the cheapest of any product, but i sure dont buy the most expensive one that there is. Why pay so much more for the name brand if there is something cheaper thats just as good. Example I have 3 nikon scopes on rifles 1 is a buckmaster and 2 are monarchs. The buckmaster is just as clear and is as good as the others at dusk and dawn, so why pay the extra 100 bucks in difference. Thats just my thoughts on it.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pretty much the same way I've been burned a few times by a more expencive product when the cheaper would have been the better buy though its rare. I personally won't ever put any faith in something that worries me as far as when I'm using it its gonna be very important that it works like anything survival oriented I will go the extra mile on via if I'm faced with that situation I want a piece of gear I can count on.

Ryan.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

Hey monster to be honest I usually follow the get what you pay for concept. I have been burned by trying to save a few bucks and buying the cheaperitem only to find out the object was crap and didn't work to expectations after I got home. Most times, items are priced more expensive because they are more reliable, durable, longer-lasting, overall better quality products, etc...

But I do agree with you, not everything is worth its dollar amount and a cheaper solution is often just as efficient.

Old 12-26-2008, 05:44 AM
N2D

It depends on the application. For example I now use a lone wolf sit and climb due to the fact that it is a very quiet stand and light. My other stand is noisy and heavy. On the other hand I have found that most of my shots when hunting are around 12-15 yards with 25 being the max due to thick cover. I used to shoot expensive arrows and broadheads but now I get radial x-weaves shafts for about half the price of the others and have found they shoot just as well and are just as tough. Also after shooting many deer with expensive broadheads I have went back to the trusty ole muzzy 125 grain 3 blade and have as good of success, if not better, than the high dollar ones. So I shoot half price now and am killing just as many deer.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only when that concept is combined with a healthy portion of common sense.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:56 AM
N2D

Meaning??????????
Old 12-26-2008, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will absolutely not buy junk when it comes to things I will use regularly. I have in the past only to fork out the extra money to get the better quality item later. Example: junk is 50, quality is 100. I initially buy the 50 to only spend another 100 on the quality later. End result is I spent more than I would've had I just went with the good stuff to begin with.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:14 AM
N2D

Yup, what you said. I would like to have all the money I have wasted on junk in my life. I research things pretty good now before purchasing.

Quick Reply: the you get what you pay for concept

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.