Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer sightings this season >

Deer sightings this season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer sightings this season

Old 12-24-2008, 12:04 PM

Default RE: Deer sightings this season

My sightings while actually huntingwere the same as last year which is to say fantastic. I had seven eights and two six's in bow range. I came to full draw on four of the eights and let them walk. I also saw a few that I would have taken but didn't have the shot.During hunting season I take the back roads home from work and usually see 40 - 60 deer coming outinto the fields.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

ive seen more deer this year... i think its because i did considerably more scouting
Old 12-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

This was the worst season for me, as far as deer seen during Bowhunting .......by far!
PT said it for me! At least here in Pa.I have to say that the rut activity that I saw/experiencedin Alberta the last week of Novwas beyond anything I've ever seen in my life. It was unreal!
Old 12-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Does were about the norm. I saw more (and passed on more) 1.5 and 2.5 year old bucks then I probably have in the previous 2 seasons combined. It became comical towards the end. I'm just hoping a lot of those 2.5 year olds survived.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw way more bucks Way less does and fawn. Up north in 227 hr on stand I saw 9 antlerless of whick 3 were fawn. It is going to be a tough year next yeatr. To many years of 5 tags and way I mean WAY to many twolves.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

THis is the second year to bow hunt but compaired to last year i saw quite a few more deer, but i also only hunted 5 times this year.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I chose different areas this year and doe sightings were average but my buck sightings were up considerably.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

My sightings were up, but so was my time afield and the quality of land I was hunting. I will need next year to get an accurate reading on where we are heading.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

deer sightings were equal, with mature buck sightings down

we had a REALLY hard winter last year and i found 2 bucks dead who had already shed their antlers that looked like they had some thick bases
Old 12-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

My early season went very slow.... I haven't saw that few deer through first three weeks of October since I was cutting my bowhunting teeth...

Last week of October through November was not bad, big buck sightings were way down though but overall buck sightings were good. I saw 3 shooters, 2 in Ohio and the one from PA.

I do not personallyknow anyone locally who shot a P&Y this year.

It was a slow year for big bucks foreveryone I know aroundhere.

Quick Reply: Deer sightings this season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.