Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What did this year teach you? >

What did this year teach you?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What did this year teach you?

Old 12-24-2008, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What did this year teach you?

I hunted out of a ground blind for the first time this year. I have taken a liking to this new method of hunting. I had deer this year within 3 yards of me, and it is pretty neat to lookem in the eye at ground level. I will be putting out 2 more of these next year and am very excited because I have been wanting to hunt these places, but no tree was addiquate enough for a tree stand.

I have finally narrowed down the trail used by the big boys in my woods this year and I have found out where I need to be next year come November.

I tried to stay out of my woods this year prior to hunting season, and we did not ride four-wheelers around either. I can say thatthere was no difference in the hunting.

All the deer have left my woods by now, in search of food elswhere. I will miss them and am looking forward to seeing my old friends come spring.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:23 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: What did this year teach you?

I reinforced ...................patience. I was starting to waiver mentally about lowering my goals. Something kept me from doing that and during the last 5 minutes of my last vacation day for hunting, I got what I was hoping for.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:28 AM
Bartender

I suck![:@]
Old 12-24-2008, 06:30 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: peakrut

Dude, you don't suck.............. how many people shot a deer from behind their car door!!??

That's pretty cool! [:-]
Old 12-24-2008, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

LOL T

For me, contrary to what some HNI'ers will say, don't hunt your favorite spot when they are putting up a huge windmill 100 yards away in the field [:@]

#2 ...hunt favorite spot immediately after they are done
Old 12-24-2008, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

According to some ppl I hunted with, I have learned thatI am luckier than I am good. Not eluding to anything because this could very well be true. Now, if I can keep repeating this year in and year out then who needs skill, knowledge, tactic, patience, perseverance, and all that other uselessjunk right?
Old 12-24-2008, 06:37 AM
Bartender

Oh yeah the Ranger blind, good call.
ORIGINAL: GregH

Dude, you don't suck.............. how many people shot a deer from behind their car door!!??

That's pretty cool! [:-]
Old 12-24-2008, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I learned that despite my best efforts I might not get it done. I can enjoy myself, learn, see deer , and still not kill anything. I also learned that its OK to not kill although I don't want to make a habit of it.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

That all it takes is an hour of daylight and some dedication to put time in the woods...you do that and you'll be given opportunities the rest is up to you
Old 12-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I could even begin to list all the things Ive learned this year. 2008 really blessed me, and I learned a ton in the woods

Quick Reply: What did this year teach you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.