HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Climber phase? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/279832-climber-phase.html)

ICALL2MUCH 12-23-2008 09:02 PM

Climber phase?

I LOVE my climber. Love it. But, I despise carrying it in.

I cannot wait until I make enough money where I can put up 12 hang-ons and sticks!

People that use climbers, do you feel this way? Is it just me?

CutEm 12-23-2008 09:14 PM

RE: Climber phase?

I love my climber as well..it is a summit viper. It is unbelievably comfortable, but like you I got sick and tired of having to haul it in and out of the woods. I boughta couple ladder stands on sale and have been using those. It is so nice to go into the woods only carrying your bow and climb right up and be ready to hunt within minutes.

TEmbry 12-23-2008 09:16 PM

I just hate climbers period. Ill use them if I hunt with someone and the setup requires it...but that is it. I just feel uncomfortable in them as opposed to a lock on fastened tight to the tree not budging an inch.

Having the bottom slip out years ago didnt help either.[:'(]

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-23-2008 09:20 PM

I love my climber, it's the most comfortable stand I own bar none however, I love having stands already in and just climbing up and in. I prefer loc on's with climbing sticks but when I do use my Ol'man climber, I love it.

CutEm 12-23-2008 09:21 PM

I hear you TEmbry..the evening I shot my doe this fall I had my bottom platform slide all the way down the tree as I got to the top and pulled my feet out of the climbing stirrups. It wasa little freaky. I had to undo my harness and barehug the tree and slide down to get my feet back in the stirrups and climb back up using my upper body strength to get back to my seat portion. Once I got settled I arrowed my doe 30 min later:D

Steven McBee 12-23-2008 09:30 PM

ORIGINAL: CutEm

I hear you TEmbry..the evening I shot my doe this fall I had my bottom platform slide all the way down the tree as I got to the top and pulled my feet out of the climbing stirrups. It wasa little freaky. I had to undo my harness and barehug the tree and slide down to get my feet back in the stirrups and climb back up using my upper body strength to get back to my seat portion. Once I got settled I arrowed my doe 30 min later:D
i thot there was a strap that connects the top portion and bottom together to keep that from happening

CutEm 12-23-2008 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

i thot there was a strap that connects the top portion and bottom together to keep that from happening
haha..yeah I know there is. I had it on there but it kept getting caught between the tree and the teeth when I would climb and it would get tangled, so I got pissed and took it off. But..after that incident I will reattach the connecting rope so that won't happen again next time I use it.

Steven McBee 12-23-2008 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

haha..yeah I know there is. I had it on there but it kept getting caught between the tree and the teeth when I would climb and it would get tangled, so I got pissed and took it off. But..after that incident I will reattach the connecting rope so that won't happen again next time I use it.
lol, yea that would suck to have to do that again

drockw 12-23-2008 10:14 PM

At one point in my hunting years I absolutely loved my climber. I would even climb if there was a stand around. I hunted every day, all season almost and loved it. Needless to say, i try and use it only when i have to now. I love being able to just sneak up in a tree w/out having to make any noise or scent up the area.

I will say though as manny before, my climber (summit razor) is the most comfortable stand ive ever been in.
Derek

Jgrund07/OH 12-23-2008 10:23 PM

I use to hate hulling in my climber untill i bought a lone wolf. Its super compact, light weight, and virtually silent to set up. I have a few hang ons that i use but i love being mobile.