Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climber phase?

Old 12-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Banned

Default RE: Climber phase?

I hate climbers..too tree specific...I spent more time hunting for a tree than hunting deer when I had a climber. senario..."wow gr8 spot to hunt...O..no straight limbless tree right here. Dang..I will go sit in that tree 30 yds away cause it will work for my climber..but not where I SHOULD be. Oh well, the climber worked and the hunting sux..but at least I have my climber!!"
Old 12-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I hate climbers..too tree specific...I spent more time hunting for a tree than hunting deer when I had a climber. senario..."wow gr8 spot to hunt...O..no straight limbless tree right here. Dang..I will go sit in that tree 30 yds away cause it will work for my climber..but not where I SHOULD be. Oh well, the climber worked and the hunting sux..but at least I have my climber!!"
LoL some of you guys are just down right lazy.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

With the exception of two ladder stands, all I use is climbers. I have two Summit Vipers and I love them, but I've hated having to lug them in from the start. It's a price I'm willing to pay, though. I have one "quirk" that prevents me from using hang-ons, and that is that once I've been spotted by any deer, I like to relocate, even if it's only a few yards in any given direction.That's just me, though.
Why would you want 2 Summit Vipers?? 2 climbers, same brand??? I am confused
Old 12-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: StrutNtom

lost me there.I carry a Lone Wolf hangon and LW sticks in and out each time I go. Hardly lazy.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

I used to hate hauling my climber into the woods. Then, I got myself a Lone Wolf climber. Light and compact enough that its a breeze to go through the woods with.

Get a Lone Wolf and forgot those other big bulky stands. Just my opinion of course.
yep..the only climber to have...the LW hand climber if I have to
Old 12-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

lost me there.
You'd be very surprised at what kind of trees you can use for a climber. Not to mention how much a pocket saw comes in handy.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I couldn't agree more. That's why I also have a LW Assault hang-on. Which, to my knowledge(correct me if I'm wrong) at 8 1/2lbs is the lightest stand out there.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

I couldn't agree more. That's why I also have a LW Assault hang-on.
LoL, Do you use anything that isn't LoneWolf?
Old 12-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

NO!
Old 12-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Banned

Well speaking for early and myself...What's the point...perfection is there ...until someone can make a better stand and sticks..LW gets my nod. Simply the best, hands down. Show me better and I will buy it.

Quick Reply: Climber phase?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.