Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lone Wolf hunters got me thinking >

Lone Wolf hunters got me thinking

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf hunters got me thinking

Old 12-24-2008, 06:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Lone Wolf hunters got me thinking

I am leaving two stands hung, but for must part I am going the lone wolf route.

Good stuff guys thanks
Old 12-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

I am leave two stands hung, but for must part I going lone wolf route.

Are you part Indian?[8D]

I REALLY want to buy a lone olf climber ....soooooooo much money and most places are sold out [:@]
Old 12-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Are you part Indian?[8D]

I REALLY want to buy a lone olf climber ....soooooooo much money and most places are sold out [:@]
Merry Chistmas Preach

PM sent
Old 12-24-2008, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

Since I've started hunting this way. My kill to sit ratio has gone way up...from nearly unexistant to .500. However, untila couple of days ago when Iaquired a set a climbing sticks I used a 3 piece, 17foot ladder to be portable for this season. You wanna sweat alot? Try dragging that beast uphill through thickets in the early season. Climbing sticks are a must, 3 piece ladders are the devil. [:@]

I reallly like the ability to adapt your location throughout the season with respect to how the deer sign is moving.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: chrowski

Since I've started hunting this way. My kill to sit ratio has gone way up...from nearly unexistant to .500. However, untila couple of days ago when Iaquired a set a climbing sticks I used a 3 piece, 17foot ladder to be portable for this season. You wanna sweat alot? Try dragging that beast uphill through thickets in the early season. Climbing sticks are a must, 3 piece ladders are the devil. [:@]

I reallly like the ability to adapt your location throughout the season with respect to how the deer sign is moving.

lol...crack me up buddy...been there done that too.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:13 AM

The last two bucks I killed were "Wolfed" from areas that had no trees suitable for a climber. Bucks seem to have an uncanny ability to travel areas that are void of nice, straight trees!

I can't imagine not having my Wolf.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Are you part Indian?[8D]

Merry Chistmas Preach

PM sent
Gary ,,,,you are some kinda guy ....thank you so much
Old 12-24-2008, 08:37 AM

Good post HCH. Thanks for the saw recommendation, also is there a self leveling stand that you recommend?
Old 12-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: taylormade

Good post HCH. Thanks for the saw recommendation, also is there a self leveling stand that you recommend?
Lone Wolf Alpha is what I use..quiet and easy to hang. The other self levelings are Muddy, Loggy Bayou Predator, and there may be others. Lone Wolf is rock solid and never makes a bit of noise. Oh..btw..here is what a portable way of hunting produced for me this year. 2 different states I hunted and the land was totally foreign to me with no preseason scouting. 2 pope and young bucks, a 9 point, and a mature doe...and the least amount of time I have vever spent in stands in years. Most of my success is that it has come altogether for me as being to go into any given woods and think how a deer does and know where and how they will move through the woods. It took 25 years of bowhunting for it all to come together. Those of you that have seen these pics already 40 times...oh well...[8D]

Old 12-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to admit that I am mostly a funnel hunter. I very rarely will move a stand site to a "hot" area because where I hunt they will have to go by one of my funnel stands to get to or leave the hot spot. However, I do have over a dozen stands on 170 acres so I don't have to hunt the same ones very often.

I am like Tembry, I sweat just walking to my stand let alone try to set one up. In my climber, which I use exclusively on our lease, I have to undress before climbing or I am dripping sweat by the time I get to my hunting height. Of course, it is probably just because I am so out of shape

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf hunters got me thinking

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.