Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What are you like? >

What are you like?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What are you like?

Old 12-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What are you like?

I can usually keep it together till after the shot, I take a knee and have a moment of thanks, and then usually clap my hands together and do a mix of moon walk and break dance with a little wave thrown in. Dont know how I would act if I knewsomeone was actually watching me.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:10 AM

Depends on the situation...

If I'm watching a deer for several minutes, I start looking at scenario's and try playing them out in my head...THAT'S WHEN I GET WORKED UP!...and how much caffine I've had that morning!

If a deer shows up out of the blue and I have to react quickly, then it's not as bad...until afterward....then I get all amped up and juiced up!
Old 12-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

I give a fist pump/ Thank you lord all at the same time and then get teary eyed and start shaking for a little out of pure EXCITEMENT!! The best feeling in the world.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:16 PM

I feel relief. Honestly I have trained myself to stay extremely calm, Im mean ice cold when they come in...Im so intent on shooting the deer that I don't even flinch. I usually make the shot, watch where it goes and and then replay it until I get down. I go for the blood trail and do not relax until it is recovered. I have not yelled or hollered in years, I don't get all emotional either,I thanks the Lord first and then admire and drag out.. I really like the deer Im going to shoot to come in quickly and get in range and let me take my shot...I hate it when they linger for minutes..it just make me work harder at staying calm..
Old 12-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still have trouble before the shot. Not as bad as years ago. Seeing more deer helps that.

After the shot I do not get to pumped unless I see it go down or know it was a good hit. Then I have a good time. A little fist pump, point to the sky and give thanks, start shaking, hang up the bow, try to sit down,(usually stand right back up), Shake my head in disbelief at what just happened, call someone, anyone,and babble like an idiot about what just happened.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I usually get all out of breath, swallow, and say "just give me a minute".
Old 12-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

when i see the deer, and i've made the decision to shoot it, i am completely focused on that until i make the shot. all i get is a bit of shortness of breath before the shot, but during the shot i am dead calm. after the shot i get the shakes a bit sometimes, but only for a minute or two. none of the hooting and hollering for me though.
the only time i really get shaky is when i miss a deer, or blow an opportunity at one. then for some reason i about fall out of the tree
Old 12-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Spike

The last deer i shot shook me up so bad it was almost violent. I had to turn around and hold onto the tree untill i calmed down(took about 20 minutes). I love it!
Old 12-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

I GET REALLY EXCITTED.When I shot my first deer [doe] with a bow I almost walked no jumped out of the tree to go after her. Now after shooting a deer[more seasoned] I hang my bow up,grab the tree, bear hug it so I dont walk off the tree stand [now that IM MORE SEASONED] I STILL GET EXCITTED.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes I am very machine like and don't react much, whereas other times I get excited. Guess it is just the overall experience that determines my reaction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.