Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who's Ice Hunting Today?(Pictures added page 2) >

Who's Ice Hunting Today?(Pictures added page 2)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's Ice Hunting Today?(Pictures added page 2)

Old 12-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who's Ice Hunting Today?

Looks like some serious drifting![:@]
Old 12-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get those warmewrs they make for your feet. They have a sticky side that sticks to your feet. They are awsome. They kept my feet in neg temps. Heading up after x-mas hopefully the temps rise a bit. Good luck to everyone!
Old 12-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

That was cold.

That sucks about the truck Germ, but if it was anythinglike here, you didn't miss too much. Didn't see a deer.

Going out all this week, doesn't look to be getting warmer. Global Warming needs to pick up the pace.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heavy winds...drifting!

This is a shot of Livingston County, MI on my 80 acres.

Went for a ride yesterday....

Old 12-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will not have a bow tag left but I will definately be out from now to Jan 10...with a muzzleloader[&:]. The colder it gets, the more I like it - less hunters (wusses!) and more deer movement in daylight. It had a high of -1 today here, but unfortunately the season does not start till tomorrow. I cannot wait!
Old 12-21-2008, 05:51 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I'm back!! Still got full function of all fingers and toes. Actually was nice and toasty except for the fingers and they held out until about the very end.

I had a 2.5 year old 4x4 and a button buck go by at about 35 yards. I plowed somesnow with the fordbut unlike a dodge...I didn't get stuck.

Tim
Old 12-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I made it out tonight.It was 12 degrees when I came out at dark with -0 windchills.I made it 2 hours on stand and saw probably 75 turkeys come filtering into my woods and 4 deer.Too dark for a 30 yard shot so I passed.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

I was out in it all weekend. Had a muzzleloader mess me up on sat. I saw a very large herd making there way to me until he shot and turned there direction. He got down out and walked them out the thicket. He returned to his tree so I guess that he missed it. Passed on a few yearlings. Kicked a few up this morning and got some exercise. Tonight, I passed on a bb and the larger ones stayed back. I setup perfect for them to come right into my wind. Another poor decision. Oh well, I would have had a tough drag. I almost stuck the jeep this morning in a field but made it out. Weather was unreal for archery hunting in MI, but what else are you going to do when archery season is in and you still have 2 tags. Feet never get cold not that I have the covers. Head was warm with 2 hats. Hands were warm with gloves on and in coat. Pants were warm with 4 layers and bibs. Arms were a bit cold. I will admit that I had some hot tea in the afternoon and coffee in the morning, which is another reason why I have to set up perfect.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I decided to duck hunt instead. I know, I'm a wuss.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

neighbors field about 300 yds from our farm house
You shoulda listened to the Preacher

Quick Reply: Who's Ice Hunting Today?(Pictures added page 2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.