Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Harrisburg Sport Show >

The Harrisburg Sport Show

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Harrisburg Sport Show

Old 12-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Harrisburg Sport Show

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: Rick James

OK guys, change of plans..................[:-]

I'll be there, but most likely the first weekend. I'd really really like to go the last weekend to try and qualify for finals, but it's valentines day weekend................[:@]. Whoever came up with that genius idea should be hung in accordance with man law. With the length of my leash all year long and with this falling just after my hunting season ends.........I gotta be at home that weekend. [:'(]
So your not shooting? If you are, what happens if you qualify?
I'll still shoot, not sure if I'll turn a card inthough even if Ido qualify. I'll likely do it forfun, bragging rights, and to see where I stack up against the better open class shooters at a large event.

If I do shoot top score for the day, I have mixed feelings on taking a spot away from someone else knowing I cannot make the finals, I'm not sure it'sworth it to just put my name on the board. [&:] I'd be pretty PO'd if someone knocked me out of qualifying and didn't show.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I will be probably be there at some point but this far out I have no idea when.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do any of you know how the Harrisburgh show stacks up against the Hamburg, NY show?? I am wondering if it's worth a trip down there with Andrew, as the WNY show is just a few weeks away from it ....

Andy, do you have a booth at the WNY show?
Old 12-23-2008, 06:52 AM
Spike

I live just south of Harrisburg (York), I always love going up to the show. Since I have been going to the show I have booked two hunts in Maine. I would like to have a chance to meet some of you guys. By that time I will also be in the market for a new bow, so I want to see what is available. My friend got a great deal on a High Country a few years ago on the last day of the show.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:16 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Do any of you know how the Harrisburgh show stacks up against the Hamburg, NY show?? I am wondering if it's worth a trip down there with Andrew, as the WNY show is just a few weeks away from it ....

Preacher, there is no comparison. Harrisburg IS the show of local shows as far as I can tell. Last time I was a bit disappointed but I've been so many times maybe the luster wore off. Didn't seem like there was as many vendors last time.

Here's a vendor list as of today...To give you and idea of the size of it. Look at the floor plan. The archery barn is in a full sized horse arena where they can ride barrells and all that.The open end of that arena is where they hold the 3Dshoot. They shoot up into the bleachers to ranges to 60 yardsI believe. Then look at the rest of the barns and you'll see it's a lot of walking. Check the vendor list and you'll see some names missing that have attended in the past like Muzzy, unless they're sharing space with a shop owner or something. Old stand bys like Primos boys will still be there. Lots of fishing stuff. Lots of outfitters and calls. Large RV area as well as ATV etc
http://floorplans.reedexpo.com/RX/Floorplans/2009/ESS/start.html

Here's the link for the main sports show site. http://www.easternsportshow.com/App/homepage.cfm?moduleid=1867&appname=100280

P.S> Hey Preacher, you could make a dual purpose trip and slide by the Cabelas not too far from Harrisburg too. However, Cabelas will have a large booth at the show.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

Im going, and i cant wait! I wouldnt miss this for the world.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:11 AM
Spike

I hope to make it to the show sometime towards the end of the week. Hopefully I will be able to meet up with some you fellas and swap some stories. For those of us who are not vendors orcompetition participants, i would like to inform you that if you park at the Harrisburg Bass Pro Shops (off Interstate 83, Paxton Street Exit), you can park for free and they will shuttle you over to the show by bus. The bus ride is barely 15 minutes long. I have used this transportation in the past and it works out really well. Just thought I would pass this info along to you guys in case you are interested. It eliminates some of the traffic jams you might face by parking at the show.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not even a comparison Tony. Harrisburg is literally about 15 acres of all things hunting/fishing/outdoors under one roof. It would be well worth the drive, and yes.....you can make it to the Cabelas store too which is only about an hour away.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Preacher, there is no comparison. Harrisburg IS the show of local shows as far as I can tell. Last time I was a bit disappointed but I've been so many times maybe the luster wore off. Didn't seem like there was as many vendors last time.

Here's a vendor list as of today...To give you and idea of the size of it. Look at the floor plan. The archery barn is in a full sized horse arena where they can ride barrells and all that.The open end of that arena is where they hold the 3Dshoot. They shoot up into the bleachers to ranges to 60 yardsI believe. Then look at the rest of the barns and you'll see it's a lot of walking. Check the vendor list and you'll see some names missing that have attended in the past like Muzzy, unless they're sharing space with a shop owner or something. Old stand bys like Primos boys will still be there. Lots of fishing stuff. Lots of outfitters and calls. Large RV area as well as ATV etc
http://floorplans.reedexpo.com/RX/Floorplans/2009/ESS/start.html

Here's the link for the main sports show site. http://www.easternsportshow.com/App/homepage.cfm?moduleid=1867&appname=100280

P.S> Hey Preacher, you could make a dual purpose trip and slide by the Cabelas not too far from Harrisburg too. However, Cabelas will have a large booth at the show.
Thanks for the reply and the links, David. I am sold ....weather permitting, Andrew and I will be heading down there for a few days

Thanks Rick ..... someone should compile who from HNI will be there and when ....
Old 12-23-2008, 08:36 AM
bigcountry

I have been to the harrisburg show twice. And if I am not shopping around for an outfitted hunt, I really don't have any reason to go. There is are some nicknacks for sale. But seems 80% of it is outfitters. 10% is events like tournaments. And 10% if stuff for sale.

Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: The Harrisburg Sport Show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.