HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Doe season Is In full swing starting tomorrow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/279364-doe-season-full-swing-starting-tomorrow.html)

Schultzy 12-20-2008 12:25 PM

Doe season Is In full swing starting tomorrow

This morning was the end of buck only hunting for me. I'm giving up, but It did end on a good note. At 9:00 this morning (the same time Germ had action) I had 2 bucks come by at 20 yards. One was a 3 point I've seen a million times and the other was an 8 point I've never saw before (I never seen him on a trail camera either). He looked to be a 120" to 124" or so buck. He didn't quite make my standards, my cut off Is right around 125" to 130", depends on the rack. My brother told me I'm nuts for letting him go being my season has been tough. I always hold to my guns I told him no matter what time of the season. His body wasn't much bigger then the 1.5 year old 3 point so I'm almost believing he's a 2.5 year old and If he Is, that's some outstanding genes. His rack was fairly spindly as well. I figured he's lucky If he had 13" of total H measurements on each side. Hopefully he did some breeding and makes It through the winter. My buck hunting has been one frustrating year otherwise. Tough year with mature buck sightings and not finding hardly any buck/rut sign.

This evening I was planning on switching It up and start hunting doe's only but a big winter storm moved In and dumped 6" of snow so far and more Is on the way and word Is 25 mph winds are on the way. I own a milk hauling business so I better park my but In the house by the phone In case my driver who's working for me today has any problems. So I guess my doe season will be put on hold a day or 2 once this storm passes on through. Who knows, maybe I'll still get a crack at a 130" buck while trying to get a doe. A guy can hope right!?:D

My season ends December 31st. For the people who don't know, I only get one tag In my area so I figure I better get on It and try and get some meat In the freezer. You watch, now the doe's will give me trouble being I actually want to shoot one!![>:];)

Good luck to the rest of the folks out there still hunting!!

rage2blade 12-20-2008 12:34 PM

RE: Doe season Is In full swing starting tomorrow

Sounds like a great season Schultzy... man that takes balls to pass up a buck like that towards the end of the season, I think I would have let an arrow fly! Good luck going after those does!

bowmanaj 12-20-2008 12:42 PM

Good luck to ya!...

early in 12-20-2008 12:49 PM

Good luck with the baldies Steve! They ought to be moving after that storm. I'm in the same boat, I need deer meat too.:D

TJF 12-20-2008 01:09 PM

Steve

Good luck.Looks like we get thrown back in the freezer again. The wind is here and getting stronger. It's 10 below and falling. I am sending it your way. :D

Tim

Edcyclopedia 12-20-2008 02:02 PM

Let's have some positive thoughts Bud!
You have a few weeks left and I know you will bag the big one, after all it's x-mas;)
As Pee Wee Herman used to say...Meka-lecka-hime-lecka-hidey-ho... Poof, one mature buck[8D]