HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Lets say...#2 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/279352-lets-say-2-a.html)

rage2blade 12-20-2008 11:02 AM

Lets say...#2

Lets say next year was a DOE ONLY season in your state, you can not shoot a buck at all no matter what the situation! Would you be in favor of a doe only season?

I would honestly.... It would be neat to see some of those 2.5ers turn into 4.5ers, you would have quality deer running all over in my opinion!!! Thats just me though, how would you guys react to this?

Huntinman23 12-20-2008 11:05 AM

RE: Lets say...#2

yes, and how many more of these post are we going to see by the end of the season? lol

rage2blade 12-20-2008 11:06 AM

Maybe a couple more!!!;)

Schultzy 12-20-2008 11:09 AM

I would absolutely love It If we had a doe only season here!! We need It.

treestandsnyper 12-20-2008 11:21 AM

I would love to see it, we've got tons of does but most of the guys around me would shoot a spike every day over a mature doe. Ifa bucklives tosee 2 1/2 years old around mehe's ancient. Even if it was does only by law, the outlaws around would still shoot bucks, not tag em and have em cut up before the body was cold. Sad but I can guarantee it would happen.

rybohunter 12-20-2008 11:38 AM

I hunt a unit that now runs a doe only season from mid september to near the end of january. WHen our other seasons go out, this unit stays in as doe only. 2.5 months of archery doe, followed by almost 2 months of shotgun doe.

rage2blade 12-20-2008 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I hunt a unit that now runs a doe only season from mid september to near the end of january. WHen our other seasons go out, this unit stays in as doe only. 2.5 months of archery doe, followed by almost 2 months of shotgun doe.
How long has the doe only season been going on for?

Do you see an increase in antler size the following year?

early in 12-20-2008 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I would absolutely love It If we had a doe only season here!! We need It.
Steve, that's exactly what they need to do in my area (5-D)of SE Pa! With roughly a 9 (give or take) doe to 1 buck ratio, it would seem to be a no brainer. Do this for a year or two and get that ratio closer to where it should be, then make it either sex again.;) I forgot to mention that they have unlimited antlerless permits available in my unit. What's that tell you?:D

Rhody Hunter 12-20-2008 01:43 PM

I wouldn't mind at all I mostly take does anyway. Would give the few bucks that are around a chance to grow bigger

Bullet Hole Bailey 12-20-2008 04:49 PM

Defenitely not here....good buck to do ratio and no where near enough deer to kill a bunch of the does. We need em all!