Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lets say...#2

Old 12-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lets say...#2

im all for it! the dumb 3.5 year olds on my land that walk right by me and i let em go, then chase a doe 10 yards off my land and BOOM their done! ive had that happen not once, nor twice, but 3 times! if it was doe only they would all live to be one year smarter and wouldnt do crap like that
Old 12-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

In Western WI NO!

We don't have enough right now. The only waywe can get our herd back to the right numbers is to stop shooting does period! The DNR has slaughtered our deer population down to very low numbers.

Some guys say the hunters did it themselves, but look at it this way- if there wasn't EAB and liberal ( shoot as many as you want tags) we wouldn't be where we are. (THEBIG LIE) - TOO MANY DEER IS WHAT THEY SAID, we need to thin the herd or else we will be EAB next year.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my portion of western NC if they did that they would have to shut down the muzzleloading and rife seasons since we are not allowed to take does during those times.
I would only be for it if we were allowed to take them during any portion of the hunting season.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd be for it! I'd fill the freezer with Flat tops and then hunt another state during Rut!

Dan
Old 12-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I say no. Especially if that once in a lifetime buck happens to walk by. Now if it would be shoot as many does as you like and donate them to charities free of the tag prices, and free of processing prices, then there would be alot of does going down. But I work hard for my money and I love the sport of hunting so if I'm going to pay for a tag and use my time out in the field raising the economy with buying gas and hunting gear, then I would like to have that choice of taking a buck if the situation arose. Problem is where people see an antler and say "Buck" then boom. Don't put limits on people who care what they shoot.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not much point in it here. I'm happy with the deer herd that we have here in IL.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

evenif a state had just a doe only season someone would be shooting bucks and just cutting there heads off or hiding the deer. i know someone who shot a big buck last year in the anterless only hunt here in wisconsin
Old 12-26-2008, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: wis_rifle_hunter

evenif a state had just a doe only season someone would be shooting bucks and just cutting there heads off or hiding the deer. i know someone who shot a big buck last year in the anterless only hunt here in wisconsin
Did you turn them in?
Old 12-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I voted no,the dnr needs to stick to regulating deer season for the health of the herd and keeping numbers in check and need to stay out of the trophy management arena.

Proper herd management will yield bigger bucks by default.

If they choose to have an earn a buck program,I can understand that but an all out ban on bucks isn't the way to go,imo.Especially in my area.Doe's need to be taken but the situation isn't out of hand at this point.

I just have a HARD time telling another hunter what they should and shouldn't be shooting,especially when it isn't for the health of the herd but it is just to grow bigger racks.