Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PENNSYLVANIA Archers >

PENNSYLVANIA Archers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PENNSYLVANIA Archers

Old 12-22-2008, 06:13 PM

Default RE: PENNSYLVANIA Archers

Treasurer lake Dubois PA private land community.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:38 PM

Had my best season. Where im, at the season starts sept 29 and dont end until jan 15.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Fork Horn

i saw more does and small bucks this year than in past years that's for sure. i did see alot of movement this year so far. honestly i think i seen less movement during the rut.
shot a buck but it was with the noobtoob.

i wouldnt say my archery season so farwas unsuccessful, just haven't hit my goal yet.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

This year was similar to last year for me. Overall deer sightings were slightly less than last year but buck sightings were the same. I was lucky enough to harvest an 8 pt Oct. 20th.

As for the future. I hunt mostly in 5B. I would like to see this area go to 4 to a side like the western portion of the state. The majority of the 1 1/2 year olds here still have 3 to a side and therefore are shot. Making it 4 to a side would allow the majority of the buck to make it to 2 1/2. We all know that a 2 1/2 year old has a better chance of making it to 3 1/2 and so on.

Can someone tell me again how they came up with one area being 3 to a side and another being 4 to a side? Wasn't it to see which would provide better results? I realize agriculture vs timber played a roll. Is it ever going to be revisited?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

We can all pi$$ and moan (Me being the biggest) about our deer herd and the management of them but it could be ALOT worse, like our neigboring state of WEST VIRGINIA and the declining deer and slaughtering of does and sales of extra stamps that has taken it's toll on their harvest's in the recent years. Our (Pennsylvania) management of our deer is bad but not quite as bad as theirs.
There is DEFINATELY room for improvement!
Old 12-24-2008, 05:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

As usual, I absolutelydominated the Pennsylvania archery season. Like Tom Brady in the final two minutes . . . like the Intimidator on the final lap . . .like Tiger Woods on the 18th tee . . . like M.J. driving the lane with time expiring. I am the game.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted the first 2 weeks of November , usually a hot time where I hunt in Beaver County ,this was the slowest year I have ever hunted in the last 10 . I had a few leagle bucks close but was waiting out a big one , went home empty handed for the first time in ten years , happy with my decisions though .
Old 12-24-2008, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

As usual, I absolutelydominated the Pennsylvania archery season. Like Tom Brady in the final two minutes . . . like the Intimidator on the final lap . . .like Tiger Woods on the 18th tee . . . like M.J. driving the lane with time expiring. I am the game.
"Yeah Frank, we know, the whole town knows you had a good time"[8D]
Old 12-24-2008, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

I live in the western part of the state, where the corn stood for the entire season. 90% of the deer I saw came from the standing corn. But as far as the rut, it was wild here in the west. I tagged out on Nov 3rd. But My son who could only hunt after school and on Sat saw and passed on 15 bucks. He did have an encounter with a very mature 8 that he could not seal the deal. Overall the season was good with deer sightings, but the warm temps made it tough to hunt..
Old 12-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a heck of a buck bullshooter. Congrats.