Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PENNSYLVANIA Archers >

PENNSYLVANIA Archers

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PENNSYLVANIA Archers

Old 12-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: PENNSYLVANIA Archers

Nah, if you think about it, your arrow sticks out further than your stabilizer, so long ones aren't as bad as some may think. I'll shoot whatever makes the bow feel good; short, long....whatever makes it balance for me and settle nicely after the shot.

ORIGINAL: RidgeFACTOR

Wasn't trying to be a smart ass Rob, just curious because I thought the longer stabilizers were more for competition shooting than hunting. As for my wife (she sucks)...lol Good Hunting.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Judging by the photo you posted, PA is a very liberal state.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:35 PM

Started the season off early harvested a doe the third day.
I saw more deer than normal here in north central pa only
three shooter bucks 8pts 16" or better only one in range in
a special reg area were I needed to kill a doe first and that
didn't happen in that area so I left the buck pass. All in all
a fairly good archery season.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: schliker

a special reg area were I needed to kill a doe first and that
didn't happen in that area so I left the buck pass.
Are there earn-A-buck area's in Pa that I'm not aware of, or was that a regulation on some private land?
Old 12-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

This years rut was incredible here in our part of 4C. We had an 8, 9, and a 10 shot consecutive days in archery. All within a half mile of each other. Plus in the area my buddies dad missed 3 til he shot one. And he must have saw 15 bucks the last 3 days of the season. Are area has been pretty good the last few years. We have beenselective on the does and bucks we have been shooting. And its paying off. I know I posted pic before but here they are again.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:43 AM
Spike

The season started off great for me by harvesting a doe the first morning. After that, deer sightings were very slim for a couple weeks. When Halloween came, buck sightings were picking up but the only shot opportunity i had was at a little 4 pointer, which isn't a legal buck anyways. I hunted an area full of scrapes hard for two weeks and never did get a chance to harvest this buck. I saw him once late morning on the first saturday of november. he was a wide 8 and would have been my best buck ever with a bow.This past thanksgiving i watched from our frontbay window a buck chasing does all day long.I continue to believe that the PA game commission screws archery hunters more than some people realize. I don't believe that we trully get to hunt the rut like other neighboring states. If given the opportunity, i would vote to start our archery season one week later, just to hunt one more week in november. By the numbers, this past season was one of my worst archery seasons ever, for sightings of buck and doe combined. I only released one arrow and thankfully I harvested that animal.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

I tagged a 6pt. in 5Aopening morning of bow season. I actually had 3 buck all in range and 2 shooters in that bunch. Couldn't pass on the opportunity. After that the season was hit or miss.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

I smoked this buck during the early part of the rut. I rattled him in from 80 to 20 yards and ripped a rage 3 blade in him.I can tell this story over and over again and to me it never gets old.
http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo69/tim03b/Mybigbuck098-1.jpg
Old 12-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't hunt much this year but got lucky on November 11th.

6 hunts
15 1/2 hours
3 Bucks (2 legal) 2 doe, 1 coyote, 1 grey fox

Old 12-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hoytPA84

I continue to believe that the PA game commission screws archery hunters more than some people realize. I don't believe that we trully get to hunt the rut like other neighboring states. If given the opportunity, i would vote to start our archery season one week later, just to hunt one more week in november.
I totally agree with you! The PA Game Commission needs to start listening to us hunters. They have a few rules and regulations that definately need changed and they wont do anything about it.

Quick Reply: PENNSYLVANIA Archers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.