Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wisconsin Hunters >

Wisconsin Hunters

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wisconsin Hunters

Old 12-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wisconsin Hunters

I was born to hunt. I need to hunt to keep my sanity. Maybe I was just lucky this year. I hunt public land 99% of the time and I seen deer 99% of the time.I harvested four deer. I let a lot of themwalk also. I haven't heard of any wolf sightings around where I hunt in Chippewa county yet.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hell yeah I'll be hunting next year with a gun and bow!!
Old 12-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: wingchaser_labs

We've got plenty of deer around my area. I know some places are hurtin for deer and we'll see some big managemnet changes in the deer season with tags from what I've heard. Less t-zone maybe, EAB is going to go on a rotational progam evry two years or so and I bet will be dropped from many areas, the entire state is hard to manage from the dnrs position with public and private lands so hopefully they will get it more right down the road here. I don't hunt public land but I know many who do and personally I think t-zone needs to be eliminated from public hunting lands all together cuz we all know the deer population problems are on private not public lands. I know the DNr wants to keep the majority of people happy (the public land hunters) but i think the DNr will soon be realizing that there will be very few deer and many unhappy hunters out there. This winter already is looking like it will be a ruff one once again on the deer heard with what looks like another winter with great snow depths to come. WCL
I don't know who you have been talking to? But the DNR personal I have been talking to have told me they plan on killing a lot more deer... I was quoted achievement goals of 10 per square mile state wide and 5 per square within the CWD area.

Here is a recent quote from the DNR biologist:
“Hunters have been doing a good job, and deer populations may be moving toward healthy goals,” said Keith Warnke, DNR big game biologist.
Don't sound like there changing anything to me.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:20 PM

I don't know who you have been talking to? But the DNR personal I have been talking to have told me they plan on killing a lot more deer... I was quoted achievement goals of 10 per square mile state wide and 5 per square within the CWD area.

I dont know who told you that, but i believe there will be major changes next year, and fewer EAB zones!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

If you really believe that, I would suggest emailing Kieth Warnke and asking him what his goals are for next year... You might have a little surprise coming.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why in the hell would the DNR want 10 deer per square mile? Huntinf would drop off to almost nothing. The more deer you have per square mile the more tags they will sell. The DNR is money motivated and the insurance companies can't be buying that many tags.
ORIGINAL: rage2blade

I dont know who told you that, but i believe there will be major changes next year, and fewer EAB zones!
Old 12-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Well I've hunted for too many years to count, but after seeing nothing for the season I will not be hunting next year withrifle. I can no longer hunt with a bow for medical reasons. Further, I will not be allowing anyone to hunt my property or cross my property to hunt.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I can no longer hunt with a bow for medical reasons.

Not even a crossbow, Im sorry to hear that!

Further, I will not be allowing anyone to hunt my property or cross my property to hunt.

What about if a hunter wounded a deer, will you let them try to recover the deer?

Old 12-23-2008, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have heard the same, "I'm not buying a tag next year!", but you know that every one that says that is going to be out in the woods with a tag just like this year.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Hunting is not just a kill to me, so i will be out there as always. Rifle season is just such a tradition with getting together and such, that i could not see NOT going. As for bowhunting, well, it's not always the kill that makes it a great hunt, so , yes, i will be out with bow and rifle. I do, however, hope that the numbers come back. It's easy for us armchair quarterbacks to say if the DNR is doing a good or bad job, but let's face it, it's a tough job to figure out the numbers of deer in each unit of the state. Not sure how to really figure it all out.
Good luck all!
Merry CHRISTmas!!
Dandbuck

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.