Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new boots??

Old 12-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new boots??

ORIGINAL: 442deer

Maybe I'm partial because I'm broke, but a GREAT value on the warmest boots I've ever had are US millitary "mickey mouse boots" or "bunny boots". They are made by Bata, and can be had for 30-40 bux on ebay
Yep, I have some mickeys. I only break them out when its sub zero, they weigh a ton, but they are ultra warm. I've had mine for 15 years, still in good shape.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rubber boots don't work for diddly as far as keeping your feet warm in frigid temps IMO

I have a 15 year old pair of Rocky Snowstalkers ....they don't make them anymore ... they are a pack boot .....I'm the only one in our party that doesn't get cold feet when the temps dips into single digits...
Old 12-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

My cold weather boots are Cabelas Saskatchewan Pac Boot, expensive but worth it and they will last me forever! I also have Muck Boots, but for my feet get cold if its below 30 degrees, great early season boot!
Old 12-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Dominant Buck

WHich Mucks do you have BHF?
Old 12-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

I have a pair of Danner Pronghorns with 1000 grams of thinsulate.

They keep my feet warm and are very comfortable and light.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's been my experience that rubber bootshold the cold, so I won't wear them when it's real cold.I wear the Northern Outfitter's Expedition Boot. They claim they'll keep your feet warm to -60F. I've never hunted when it wasTHAT cold, so I wouldn't know how true that is. I've never been cold wearing them though.
This is a bulky boot, so I would only use them for stand hunting. Not real good for hiking/climbing.They are NOT water proof, but this shouldn't be an issue when it's very cold. Your feet will not sweat (worst enemy in the cold) in these boots either. I love these boots, and for $200, I think they're reasonable. Here's what they look like.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

Danner Pronghorns 1000 gram are the best boots I have ever used. I used to love the redwing Irish Setters but the Danner Pronghorns are just too good. Comfortable and warm.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

FYI .... I was told that the boot rating was not for warmth, but for staying flexible .... I dunno if thats true, but thats what an "expert" told me ... obviously the more resistant to the cold they are, the warmer they will keep your feet..

Old 12-19-2008, 10:45 AM

Maybe I just have hot feet....but I wear uninsulated Lacrosse rubber boots all year long...this year, I mix it up with my newer uninsulated danner pronghorns....Never have problems with cold feet, usually. If I sweat heading in, game over.

I do want to pick up a pair of about 400 gram pronghorns or similar boots for walking alot in frigid temps, may be doing a late season mulie hunt within a year or two.

GMMAT, those mucks are freakin comfortable..I don't know about warmth as Ive only ever tried em on, but man those are like waterproof house slippers.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: new boots??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.