Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 UltimateCamo Update >

UltimateCamo Update

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UltimateCamo Update

Old 09-17-2009, 05:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GregH
Andy, I can't say enough good things about your camo. It's the best I've ever worn.

Thanks!

(Even if the zipper is on the wrong side) [8D]
Same here Greg!! I Love the Ultimate Camo! I am thinking of getting a bow dipped in UC

Dan
Old 09-17-2009, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by silbowhunter
Looks good as a trail cam too.

Duane, That camera looks very, very familar!!

Dan
Old 03-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Spike

Any updates???
Old 03-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default UC Update

quote=BOWCHIEF;3600703]Any updates???[/quote]

Well, let’s start with the status of our manufacturing. All of our new products (brushed twill, fleece, 3M Thinsulate, cloth camo tape) right now are being printed, and manufactured 100% in the US, since last year actually. We are still selling some of the brushed twill clothes which were made overseas, but we have to sell out our inventory, after turkey season we should be completely out of our original inventory runs. Which by the way our pattern for turkey hunting, is killer!! It costs a good bit more to make everything in the US, but as long as we keep selling the US manufactured clothes we will continue to make it in the US. I have to say it does make me feel good to be able to do this and continue to stay in business while competing with the other camo companies that are manufacturing overseas, and with big volume garment manufacturers overseas pricing, the stuff you buy in Bass, Cabelas, Gander, Sportsman Warehouse, Wal-Mart, etc. Depending on sales and customer demand, we may or may not go back to making product overseas like most other companies. I know in your hearts and minds you guys are all happy to see UltimateCamo, or any company for that matter manufacture 100% of their product in the US, but I know sadly, most of us shrug off where product is made when we purchase stuff, which could force us to go back overseas at some point, although we don’t want to, but, we also don’t want to go bankrupt manufacturing in the US. That all depends on you guys and our sales.

The 2009 lined fleece products went over big. We did 3 runs last year selling out shortly after each shipment came in, which was good and bad. We had pullovers, jackets, 6 pocket BDU pants, and beanies. Good because it’s in demand, bad because we sold out fast and some guys had to wait for next runs to come in. We are continually improving all of the garments with the suggestions of you guys and gals, adding/changing features as we go, but keep in mind everyone has their own idea of a perfect garment so it’s impossible to keep everyone happy. We are also continually looking for the best fabrics we can implement into our garments like the 3 layer bonded 3M Thinsulate gear which also went over huge. Again we sold out of this fast as well. I really like this 3M Thinsulate product personally, it kept me comfortable in 20 degree weather with 30 to 40 mph winds for about 10 days straight. It also works awesome in snow as its water resistant and kept us dry and toasty for long periods of time. We were happy to get dozens of nice emails with customers expressing how well it worked. This 3 layer bonded product is thin, but it works incredibly well as we had lots of customers test out in some really harsh conditions this past winter. Unfortunately 3M/Thinsulate are jacking prices up on us so we are looking at options for future runs of the cold weather performance gear. I have been invited to the Gore-Tex plant in Beltsville MD to see some of their similar windstopper, and water resistant product we may considering using. Unfortunately with these performance laminates, there is a price to pay with the noise of the laminates, and the cost of course.

We will have new fleece product available any day where we will add it again to our web site. We also are trying our best to add new products as we go. We have our pattern available for dipping, and again, arguably for certain things like climbing sticks, trail cameras, etc, UC is the best pattern on the market. We also have a new Home Dip Kit available for those of you that like to tinker. We actually sell other patterns besides our own pattern. These Home Dip kits have 8 feet of film, so you can get lots of stuff dipped. It also is good to go in with someone if you want to split the cost, and to have 2 people try the dipping together. Kits are $125 + shipping. These are actually a blast to do with some buddies and some beers off season.
http://store.ultimatecamo.com/store/shop/item.asp?itemid=27

I also will be in a future Bowhunting Magazine article which I am pumped about. It will be an interview with myself and Jeff Harrison who’s been in several Peterson’s magazines over the years as being one of the best suburban whitetail hunters. Anyways, that’s about it. Tony (Peakrut), Jason (Raceway) Bob (Gr8), Rob, both Greg’s, RickM, Tim, Brandon, Ryan, Jeff, Seth, and everyone else I want to personally thank you guys for really supporting us through thick and thin, much love to you guys for lots of reasons but mainly for being friends, even if one of you guys doesn’t wear UC, but I still love ya Greg/MO, oops!!! I really apologize for not being on the boards as much lately, but I’m just real busy with my full time job, with UltimateCamo, and with my own personal time, plain and simple. But I’m still stalking around here and there!!

Last edited by Diesel77; 03-24-2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Forgot to thank a few peeps
Old 03-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Andy its great to hear from you man! Congrats on the interview. You really seem to have things going pretty well for you. I hope you can keep your mfg. in the United states. Its hard to keep your product in the US and still keep prices down, we all have come to terms for this, but my teacher has really made me open my eyes to Foreign products. The problem with them isn't that they're made over there, the problem is the Quality control isn't quite as high, So what some companies have done is sent some of their US quality control guys to get the same level of quality for a cheaper dollar amount. At least that's what he explained it to us as being. Simple really but it seems that's not how it always works out. Anyhow!!

Glad to hear your doing well Stay in touch brother Check your camospace everyonce in a while!!

Ryan.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

LOL, Andy!!!

For those who don't know much about him or this compay, I CANNOT EXPRESS how much respect I have for this man and what he's doing in bringing his vision to the public.

Ultimate Camo is an AWESOME company, produces a fantastic product and the stories of incredible customer service just KEEP pouring in over time.

I need to head to his site pretty soon and order a few more rolls of his tape to finish out some Lone Wolf sticks I started. ABSOLUTELY the best camo imagineable for accessorizing products that are going up against a tree!!

If I were a turkey hunter I'd be ordering a bunch of clothes too!
Old 03-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by [FONT=Calibri
Well, let’s start with the status of our manufacturing. All of our new products (brushed twill, fleece, 3M Thinsulate, cloth camo tape) right now are being printed, and manufactured 100% in the US, since last year actually. We are still selling some of the brushed twill clothes which were made overseas, but we have to sell out our inventory, after turkey season we should be completely out of our original inventory runs. Which by the way our pattern for turkey hunting, is killer!! It costs a good bit more to make everything in the US, but as long as we keep selling the US manufactured clothes we will continue to make it in the US. I have to say it does make me feel good to be able to do this and continue to stay in business while competing with the other camo companies that are manufacturing overseas, and with big volume garment manufacturers overseas pricing, the stuff you buy in Bass, Cabelas, Gander, Sportsman Warehouse, Wal-Mart, etc. Depending on sales and customer demand, we may or may not go back to making product overseas like most other companies. I know in your hearts and minds you guys are all happy to see UltimateCamo, or any company for that matter manufacture 100% of their product in the US, but I know sadly, most of us shrug off where product is made when we purchase stuff, which could force us to go back overseas at some point, although we don’t want to, but, we also don’t want to go bankrupt manufacturing in the US. That all depends on you guys and our sales.

The 2009 lined fleece products went over big. We did 3 runs last year selling out shortly after each shipment came in, which was good and bad. We had pullovers, jackets, 6 pocket BDU pants, and beanies. Good because it’s in demand, bad because we sold out fast and some guys had to wait for next runs to come in. We are continually improving all of the garments with the suggestions of you guys and gals, adding/changing features as we go, but keep in mind everyone has their own idea of a perfect garment so it’s impossible to keep everyone happy. We are also continually looking for the best fabrics we can implement into our garments like the 3 layer bonded 3M Thinsulate gear which also went over huge. Again we sold out of this fast as well. I really like this 3M Thinsulate product personally, it kept me comfortable in 20 degree weather with 30 to 40 mph winds for about 10 days straight. It also works awesome in snow as its water resistant and kept us dry and toasty for long periods of time. We were happy to get dozens of nice emails with customers expressing how well it worked. This 3 layer bonded product is thin, but it works incredibly well as we had lots of customers test out in some really harsh conditions this past winter. Unfortunately 3M/Thinsulate are jacking prices up on us so we are looking at options for future runs of the cold weather performance gear. I have been invited to the Gore-Tex plant in Beltsville MD to see some of their similar windstopper, and water resistant product we may considering using. Unfortunately with these performance laminates, there is a price to pay with the noise of the laminates, and the cost of course.

We will have new fleece product available any day where we will add it again to our web site. We also are trying our best to add new products as we go. We have our pattern available for dipping, and again, arguably for certain things like climbing sticks, trail cameras, etc, UC is the best pattern on the market. We also have a new Home Dip Kit available for those of you that like to tinker. We actually sell other patterns besides our own pattern. These Home Dip kits have 8 feet of film, so you can get lots of stuff dipped. It also is good to go in with someone if you want to split the cost, and to have 2 people try the dipping together. Kits are $125 + shipping. These are actually a blast to do with some buddies and some beers off season.
http://store.ultimatecamo.com/store/shop/item.asp?itemid=27

I also will be in a future Bowhunting Magazine article which I am pumped about. It will be an interview with myself and Jeff Harrison who’s been in several Peterson’s magazines over the years as being one of the best suburban whitetail hunters. Anyways, that’s about it. Tony (Peakrut), Jason (Raceway) Bob (Gr8), Rob, both Greg’s, RickM, Tim, Brandon, Ryan, Jeff, Seth, and everyone else I want to personally thank you guys for really supporting us through thick and thin, much love to you guys for lots of reasons but mainly for being friends, even if one of you guys doesn’t wear UC, but I still love ya Greg/MO, oops!!! I really apologize for not being on the boards as much lately, but I’m just real busy with my full time job, with UltimateCamo, and with my own personal time, plain and simple. But I’m still stalking around here and there!!
[/FONT]
I have an order in for some and hope to kill a turkey or two treestand hunting.

The best fabric garment I've ever seen by far has been from graywolfwoolens.com in Jeff's "wolfskin", and my closet is full of his garments. It is extremely low knit like buckskin (virtually burr free) but completely, and when I say completely I mean COMPLETELY silent in ALL temperatures. Jeff's windstopper layer is also silent...not bonded but silent. It's also very water resistent and I don't even think about rain gear in light rains.

Thanks for the update and here's to continued success to your company.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Greg / MO
LOL, Andy!!!

For those who don't know much about him or this compay, I CANNOT EXPRESS how much respect I have for this man and what he's doing in bringing his vision to the public.

Ultimate Camo is an AWESOME company, produces a fantastic product and the stories of incredible customer service just KEEP pouring in over time.

I need to head to his site pretty soon and order a few more rolls of his tape to finish out some Lone Wolf sticks I started. ABSOLUTELY the best camo imagineable for accessorizing products that are going up against a tree!!

If I were a turkey hunter I'd be ordering a bunch of clothes too!
Greg, I couldn't have said it any better. I am so very happy for you Andy and you have a lifelong customer in me.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I found U.C. through my good buddy Tony "Peakrut" Fraley. I was amazed at how thankful Andy was for my business, how quick I got my order and how well the pattern worked compared to the Realtree patterns I was wearing at the time. Andy is a guy that is more than some dude sitting behind a camo company. He hunts with obsession and shoots some darn nice deer, videos with some die hard regular guys and loves what he does while striving to make as many American made products as possible. Andy is just another great guy living the dream and trying to share a great product at an affordable price. If you are skeptical give one outfit a shot, I did and have found it to be the best pattern for my area and now have a lot more in my closet.

Andy, Tony and I are always an email or phone call away. Don't forget to get out this way this summer if things slow down

Here is a pic from last season, I had the same 2 1/2 year old 8 point walk under me every day for almost two weeks while 14 feet up the tree and he never pegged me. I also shot a deer from another stand that is 10 feet off the ground that watched me as I released the arrow and never realized what hit her.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Andy you thanked me but I dont see why? I am the one that should be doing the thanking! When I decided to give your Ultimate Camo a try I never intended on having the great customer service to go along with the clothes. I can be 100% honest and say that apart from the great pattern, the service is what keeps me coming back!
It's not very easy to find a company that will answer each and every one of your questions you have before you buy, and be HONEST at that! GREAT product from a GREAT group of guys, thats for sure!!!
I have mentioned UltimateCamo to quite a few people and not anyone of them that have bought from Andy has had ANY complaints!!

Keep up the good work guys!!