Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pretty neat stuff here... >

Pretty neat stuff here...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pretty neat stuff here...

Old 12-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pretty neat stuff here...

Your statements regarding Compunds are true to a point, however the definition is mostly comparing bowhunting to rifle hunting.

BTW, 70-80 yard shot with a bow???? Who do you know that does that? I've seen 60, but that's not a shot ANYONE I know would take. Those salesmen on TV do it from time to time though.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:05 AM

Well to say that compounds take away from the dedication is not true....I don't know about the X bow....but I shoot a lot all year and try to become the best I can...granted...trad equipment is the purest form of archery, but unless you are shooting a self made bow, wooden arrows, flint tips, raw fingers, and wearing loin cloth, you and exactly traditional then....I love the trad stuff, Im going to buy a longbow this winter and start shooting...no one on here can deny my respect for the trad guys....but I have to say you are wrong about compound guys not being dedicated...maybe we just are not as good with a trad bow and feel we are doing the animal a justice by sticking with the wheels...
Old 12-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Banned

Vabowman compounds are designed to be accurate, with the new 350+ bows and triggered releases, drop away rests, mechanical heads ...... do you think all that is for 15 yard shots?

have you hunted out west? those guys are long long shooters

some compound guys shoot year round - most dont and no reason too really because honestly? I can pick up your bow and in 3-4 shots to get the feel for it I can shoot 3-4" groups at 20 yards with it. all the challenge in shooting the bow has been removed with compounds - they're designed to be highly accurate machines
Old 12-18-2008, 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

compounds are designed to be accurate, with the new 350+ bows
This shows a gap in your compound knowledge...speed and accuracy aren't related in that way, at all. Not sure why you are so opiniated on this board, but it is starting to rub me the wrong way. Blasting those who take pictures unsuitable to you, claiming compounds take the dedication out of archery...just give it up, hunt for yourself, and your own reasons and let others do the same. Ive yet to see one positive post come from you.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

This shows a gap in your compound knowledge...speed and accuracy aren't related in that way, at all. Not sure why you are so opiniated on this board, but it is starting to rub me the wrong way. Blasting those who take pictures unsuitable to you, claiming compounds take the dedication out of archery...just give it up, hunt for yourself, and your own reasons and let others do the same. Ive yet to see one positive post come from you.
Not trying to bash stealthy here, but I have to agree with tembry on this one.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

speed and accuracy aren't related in that way, at all
I'm not taking sides here but I believe speed and accuracy can go hand In hand.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

So if your recurve shot 350fps you feel you would be more accurate? Im not disagreeing completely, when I shoot 3d, I like to be as fast as possible to correct slight yardage misjudgements.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

So if your recurve shot 350fps you feel you would be more accurate? Im not disagreeing completely, when I shoot 3d, I like to be as fast as possible to correct slight yardage misjudgements.
Not with a traditional bow It wouldn't be. I'd have to be pulling 100lbs with fancy limbs to get 350 fps and my release (fingers) would be terrible pulling all that weight.[8D]

All I meant was one pin Aaron from 10 to 40 yards (In the ball park anyway). You couldn't do that years ago with the compounds I started out with (they were much slower).
Old 12-19-2008, 02:05 AM
Banned

TEmbry I'm sorry I don't sugar coat things and try and save feelings. This is a message board, nothing more, nothing less, its not personal in any way.

LOL ... I've shot compound for .... geeeesh, 20+ years now and I killed an 8 point in Arkansas with my Dad's Q2 October 2nd. i've got plenty of experience and I know that in 2 decades, compounds have gotten way easy.

I can pick YOUR compound up and shoot very accurate with it within minutes. In fact, just about anyone who can draw the weight can - why?

They're designed that way. Sights, pins, trigger releases, ultra-high letoff ...... compounds are being built to give people the absolute most accurate shooting possible.

Am I right or wrong ?

StruttinGobbler3 Look at the initial post. Its hugely misleading - a traditional archer talking about traditional values ....... and honestly? There is bowhunting - what its always been, and then along came compounds and they "stole" what bowhunting was to the extreme that recurves and longbows now have to be called traditional.

Why ? Why isn't bowhunting STILL recurves and longbows and Compounds be labeled as something else ?

See what I mean ?

I'm becoming elitistwhen it comes to weapon choices no doubt. We all are elitist, be it the views we have on baiting, antler restrictions, QDM etc.

That said, bash away, I don't mind, its 3:00 am and I've got 3 hours until I get off work

buckmasteryou answered your own question didn't you ? If I were guessing, I'd say you're shooting a 65-70# compound, 350-400 grain arrows and expandables? Trigger release? Drop away rest? Why ? Why not shoot 750 grain arrows and big 3 blade cutting heads?

But what I meant was, compounds are made and designed to be as accurate as possible.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:32 AM
Banned

Ive yet to see one positive post come from you
because you haven't been to the bowhunting ...errrr Traditional Forum maybe ?

Quick Reply: Pretty neat stuff here...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.