Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What did you learn this past season? >

What did you learn this past season?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What did you learn this past season?

Old 04-08-2003, 02:38 PM
Spike

Default RE: What did you learn this past season?

I re-learned-(new word) to " slow down" . The most valuable lesson I' ve picked up with hunting. Everything that goes wrong, or isn' t fun about hunting seems to come from rushing. I know I' ll have to re-learn again next fall.
Old 04-08-2003, 03:14 PM

When you draw back on the kill zone and every thing looks pretty good, don' t wait thinking you may see the kill zone a little better.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:12 PM

I also finally learned how it feels to drag out a nice 9 ptr. I also learned to be more patient after taking shots. Shot a doe with my bow and did not wait long enough. Had a nice blood trail then I jumped her up and never saw her again. Lesson Learned.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-08-2003, 05:44 PM
Dominant Buck

#2.
I learned , Someone needs to invent a Thinsulate BRA!!
They' re called warm hands.[] OR, how about some foam rubber, OR maybe one of those sports bras, OR wear one of those dickie things with the collar and a panels of material that run down the front and down the back to hold it down under your clothing. Just some kind of additional layer.. fleece vest or something. HEY, how about a couple of those toe warmers that you stick on. Just stick them onto the first layer of clothing where needed, OR if need be a couple of those body warmers.

I learned nothing new... just reinforced what I knew or thought I knew and reminded me of things I forgot or tried to get around. You just can' t cheat and win.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:52 PM

I had to ask, SHE said HER hooters do not get cold. Lady F you maybe will have to ask my wife what kind of b-holder she wears. Or maybe you dont wear them............! By the way for comparison only , mind you, what size are they, because the wifes are pretty healthy and like I said they dont get cold[]
Old 04-08-2003, 11:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

, how about a couple of those toe warmers that you stick on
[:-]
ouch [][X(]
Old 04-09-2003, 02:49 AM

I learned something this past season. I learned that either you can play fair, follow the rules, and wait your turn for lady luck[:-] or you can tip the scales in your favor by cheating and breaking almost every game law in the books. [:@]I think I' ll continue with the first set of options!
Old 04-09-2003, 09:34 AM

I had an opportunity to watch a doe and two fawns for about an hour under and around my stand. I learned that the fawn vocals sound nothing like most fawn ' bleats' on calls. They sounded much like goats or sheep with the baa-baa sound. I later used this baa sound with my mouth and called in several doe looking for the fawn including one into shooting position.

Lady Forge, why not use the ladies thermals and cut to fit and sew in your bra?
JAT
Old 04-09-2003, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

I learned that I need Sentlock

Quick Reply: What did you learn this past season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.