HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   ALPHA MAX BOWS IN BLACK (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/278852-alpha-max-bows-black.html)

drockw 12-16-2008 07:44 PM

ALPHA MAX BOWS IN BLACK

Saw the DEMO bows today. The finish is just like that of the Katera in all black. Im posting this b/c i know of a couple guys that were interested to see if the black was very shiny or not. It is very similar to my 101st.
Derek

hardcorehunter 12-16-2008 07:47 PM

RE: ALPHA MAX BOWS IN BLACK

The more I look at black bows the more I want one

TFOX 12-16-2008 07:52 PM

I agree but it still has more chance of glare than the camo version.[8D]

I love it and if I were getting a double duty bow(3-d/hunting) bow,it would DEFINATELY be blackout/camo but mine is going to be a hunting bow and I just didn't want to take that chance on that 1 shot.

See pic,there is glare and that is what scared me.

Although,it didn't seem to hurt him.[&:]:D

Dozen Arrows 12-16-2008 09:24 PM

That's the only way I would buy one unless I could get it dipped and crackerized. I'm just not a big fan of the camo pattern that they use. The black riser with the camo limbs looks sweet though.

drockw 12-16-2008 09:41 PM

I completely understand about the possible glare issue, and agree TFOX that its that one shot that counts.

I ordered mine tonite:D All black 35. I will be ordering my VT strings for it tomorrow as well. I dont know what colors to get. Im getting sick of black and red b/c that is what was on my 101st (sold it tonite). Im thinking about going with black and blue or black and grey. Anyone have any suggestions or unique color ideas.
Derek

TFOX 12-16-2008 09:46 PM

drock,my guy can do a tri color for you and have 1 base color and have 2 differnt off colors at the top of the string and the bottom of the string.:D

So,if you look at it from center serving up,it is 2 colors and if you look at it from center serving down,it is 1 color the same and the other color is different from the top.;)

See if they can do that for you.That is about as unique as it comes.

Black and silver would look nice.

Heck,nowadays,all black is unique.:D

Dozen Arrows 12-16-2008 09:46 PM

Grey and Orange?

drockw 12-16-2008 09:49 PM

THat actually sounds pretty good! Ill have to look it up on VT's site to see if they go together well.
Derek

pheasantfanatic 12-16-2008 10:44 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

The more I look at black bows the more I want one
Well, here is some eye candy for you.....:D

drockw 12-17-2008 12:07 AM

Ive seen a bow that looks just like that[8D]

Sold it Today!!!!:D
Derek

Im just tired of red and black. Not that they dont look good, im just ready for change. I think im going with black and blue, or blue and orange.