Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who was there??? >

Who was there???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who was there???

Old 12-17-2008, 09:01 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Who was there???

Old 12-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I quit shooting the bear razors when they changed there design. They squared off the tip of the head more, I didn't care for it.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I quit shooting the bear razors when they changed there design. They squared off the tip of the head more, I didn't care for it.
Yes but, that old tip would roll and curl in a heartbeat with the least resistance. Smack a shoulder and it was going to turn the point.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Yes but, that old tip would roll and curl in a heartbeat with the least resistance. Smack a shoulder and it was going to turn the point.
Wow, I never had one do that but then again I don't think I ever hit the shoulder or shoulder blade either.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

70s-heck, I had 38 bigame animals down by 1975 with recurve, wood Arrows. 1st kill, 2 years after I started Bowhunting. 1958-a yearling Doe at 35 yds (on the ground) 45# Eddings Bow, 4 feather fletched wood arrow & MA3 Blade. Double lung, complete pass through & went 30 yds..
Start of my 52nd year & have never purchased a gun Biggame tag.
Back then&many years after was ONE DEER ONLY.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:22 AM

awesome ahunter!
Old 12-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Who was there bowhunting in the 1970's?? what was it like?? did you feel like a loner?? did you only bow hunt?? did anyone poke fun at you?? let's hear it...and see some pics if you can get them..

I don't remember it because frankly I was still a twinkle in my Daddy's eye... but he was bowhunting in the 1970's.

He'd tell you that you got ONE DEER a year.... no matter what you shot it with.... and that is also the reason he started semi-professionally training bird dogs. He'd tell you too there were hardly ANY other hunters.... and a PILE more grouse than there are now. At least in Smyth and Bath County, VA. Trapping was good, and the fur prices were better then than they are now... and $5 was still a lot of money back then.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:27 PM

I started bowhunting at 14 back in 1967, and was lucky enough to kill a little button buck that year with a 45# Shakespeare Sierra, shooting Feline Archery fiberglass arrows.

For Christmas that same year, my parents got me my second recurve - a 50# Bear Kodiak Hunter, and a dozen broadhead-tipped Ben Pearson cedar arrows.

Since that time, I've accumulated several more Bear recurves, as well as a few compounds, and killed a bunch of deer.

Forty years and 3 days after receiving that Christas gift, I killed this buck with that same Kodiak Hunter, and one of those Pearson cedar arrows (now there's only two left of the original dozen) That's the last deer that bow or those arrows will kill - they're now retired.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just like today only A LOT less game.

"Nothin new under the sun"
Old 08-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Spike

Born in 76 but can remember my pops in the early 80's going bow hunting everywhere, MA PA NY RI. We shot 3D every weekend all over my parents and I. Can remember them learning trips where pops would make me take my own trail and meet up with him 50-100 yds down trail. I'm sure he could see me the whole time. Speaking of forgotten Eq. remember those dang trail timers that looked like a 110mm cameras where you strung the string across the run to see when deer were moving! Well you assummed it was the deer since it didn't snap 3 burst shots with a 6 MP camera. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.